COO - Regional Service & Supplier Governance Lead - VP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent. Position Overview Overview:
Data Centre Services (DCS) is accountable for demonstrating both governance and control over the suppliers who run and manage Data Centres (DCs), Co-Locations (Co-Lo), Technology Equipment Rooms (TER) and Telecommunications Rooms (TR) across the organisation. This includes, but is not limited to, physical security, asset protection, deployment, capacity management and assurance.
Reporting to the Head of Data Centre Services Governance & Control, this role provides oversight and governance of Data Centre Services service operations to data centres and IT facilities including Global, Regional, Country and In-Office data centres, as well as Exchange Co-Lo, TERs and TRs. This oversight extends to services provided by in-house teams, as well as those provided by vendors and third parties, ensuring all parties adhere to the governance and control framework as defined by DB. Roles and Responsibilities:
The Regional Service & Supplier Governance Lead for Data Centre Services will support the following activities as directed by the Head of Data Centre Services Governance & Control.
- Provide support to the Head and project leads including the coordination and implementation of consistent and compliant service management processes delivered by all vendors in region, ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Contribute to the definition of best practice and ensure best practice is embedded in region to achieve a globally consistent operating model.
- Ensure business process interactions between DCS and vendors are effective and efficient.
- Ensure that services are delivered in line with the governance and control framework, as well as relevant DB policies, processes and standards (e.g. Security and Risk policies).
- Manage overall vendor performance including contract, performance, financial, relationship and risk management, whilst ensuring service is delivered to agree contractual obligations.
- Conduct regular reviews of vendor services, in collaboration with the Regional Campus Operations Lead, to ensure these are delivered in line with expectations.
- Track and report on performance SLAs as per Master Service Agreement.
- Identify, assess and report on gaps in service operations. Prepare and track remediation plans to resolution and where appropriate, work with relevant teams to raise and track SIIs to closure.
- Manage issues and incidents impacting service commitments and ensure these are escalated to the Head of Data Centre Services Governance & Control where appropriate.
- Be accountable for vendor risk and performance management, to ensure DB receives maximum value from third parties and manages risk in accordance with risk appetite.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including CRES and Corporate Security.
- Attend monthly service reviews with each supplier in line with obligations outlined in the Master Service Agreement.
- Maintain knowledge of DB's internal processes and programmes, ensuring vendors are updated where relevant.
Education / qualifications:
- 8-10 years' experience in service and supplier governance within Banking & Finance technology, preferably at a management level.
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within Banking & Finance.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, excellent organisation skills and a strong understanding of business drivers as they relate to IT.
- Experience designing and implementing governance and control framework.
- Experience establishing supplier governance and being accountable for improving service quality.
- Operational experience in the Data Centre sector, working within regulated global operating environments.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to plan, prioritise and respond flexibly to changing demands.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) and relevant practical experience
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.