Cards Rewards and Loyalty Analytics Lead
The Business Analytics Ld Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Gathers operational data from various cross functional stakeholders to examine past business performance
- Identifies data patterns & trends, and provides insights to enhance business decision making capability in business planning, process improvement, solution assessment etc.
- Recommends actions for future developments & strategic business opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies
- May be involved in exploratory data analysis, confirmatory data analysis and/or qualitative analysis
- Translate data into consumer or customer behavioral insights to drive targeting and segmentation strategies, and communicate clearly and effectively to business partners and senior leaders all findings
- Continuously improve processes and strategies by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities
- Work closely with internal and external business partners in building, implementing, tracking and improving decision strategies
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Experience as an Operations Research Analyst, Analytics Manager, Strategic Business Analyst or related position performing quantitative analytics supporting financial services
- Experience analyzing large datasets; applying mathematical, statistical and quantitative analysis techniques to perform complex analyses and data mining
- Bachelors/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Lead and drive analytics initiatives to support the regional Card Business on usage and rewards initiatives by working with stakeholders from Card Business, Controllers, Technology and Operations that are both in-Country and Regionally based.
- Lead the deep-dive/analytics to identify opportunities in Card Usage including incorporating analytics from external partners, such as Visa and MasterCard to deepen Citi internal insights into Card Spending behavior for enrichment of Card usage activities.
- Lead the deep-dive/analytics to identify opportunities in rewards line and rewards points accounting, specifically on rewards cost line that accounts for $600MM in Affinity Rebate (equivalent to ~27% of Cards Revenue) and $500MM in rewards reserve. This may include leading analytics on CPP and CARR management.
- Provide differentiated analytics leadership to Card Business by creating forecasting methodologies/models, sizing impact on Earn and Burn behavior as well as impact on revenue and reward cost
- Provide thought leadership on process and analytics framework that will ensure healthy rewards earn and burn with positive impact on revenue whilst optimizing rewards cost; this may entail customer segment identification , defining targeting/communication strategy and defining customer journey and metrics of success.
- Provide implementation and functional leadership in Usage and Rewards initiatives to in-country DM, outsourced DM in AIM, Card Business (Regonal and In-country) and Technology (Regional and In-country)
- Collaborate with the Regional Cards Business on the mechanics of customer activities, simulations on the response rate and P&L, executing the program, tracking and improving customer activities to ensure continuous learning and improvement.
- Provide leadership support on data operational initiatives that may include controls management and documentation of data process ( I.e. leading implementation of Reward data RACI)
- Co-management and supervisory of offshore data team based in India, specifically on the area of analytics and segmentation.
- Work closely with the analytics, technology and business teams to create and maintain data assets that are foundational for business analytics, campaigns and modelling activities.
Job Family Group:
- Coordinate with the DM Project Lead, together with the country DM analysts in executing analytical frameworks for data requests.
- Work towards embedding Data and Analytics in business process and represent DM team in critical areas of discussion especially in business development, tech development which may have an impact with DM's BAU work, and collaborate with the team to build solutions that are optimal with least impact to BAU activities.
Decision Management Job Family:
Business Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting