Cash Operations Deputy Head, Banking
- Oct 22, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Corporate and Investment Banking services. They are one of the well-recognized tier one houses.
The Singapore team is looking for a Director level hire to join their APAC Operations deparments. You will be supporting the APAC Cash Operations Head in establishing and operationalising APAC operating model. You should have a deep understanding of the evolving industry trends for core operations products and processes as well as regional and global operations demands.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead local Cash Operations in delivering excellent risk and control framework
- Act as an escalation channel for all operational issues and partner with stakeholders including local branch managers and local cash operations leads
- Ensuring regulatory compliance from a regional perspective working with in-branch SMEs on regulatory reporting requirements
- Provide oversight for adequate risk and controls, and proactively managing internal and external audits
- Deliver excellent client services on a daily basis with respect to all inquiries and requests.
- Ensure any operational change is implemented with full understanding of risks & control.
- Drive issue resolution or options articulation around any problems or challenges that crop up in the course of execution of above initiatives.
- Process and provide ad-hoc support for requests from Clients and internal teams.
- Provide oversight and manage support teams for outsourced processes
- 10+ years' experience in a financial services organization (preferably a tier 1 corporate bank environment) with experience in Cash and Payments-related Products & Operations
- Good technical and commercial understanding of the Operations Products as well as Operations processes. Any Cash Operations, Treasuries and Corporate Bank product knowledge would be an advantage.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage large teams across geography
- Proved project management skills with enterprise level project rollout; ability to identify and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong analytical skills, able to demonstrate flexibility regarding problem solving
- Takes ownership of problems and issues and solves them
- Ability to understand different business processes across cash functions and locations especially in the Asia Pacific region
- Ability to work in tight deadlines fast-paced environment.
- Manage complexity and ambiguity well with proven skills to take leadership in managing risk and control within an operational setup
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting at all times, taking ownership for instigating and executing initiatives
- Knowledge of automation toolkit such as Tableau, Alteryx and Robotic Process Automation will be a plus
- Working knowledge of human centered design/ design thinking
- Business Finance, Economics or equivalent degree.
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932