- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered Bank has embarked on an ambitious journey to revolutionize the digital banking by building a truly innovative corporate banking portal that competes not just with the Financial Institutions but also with the new breed of Fintech companies.
Channel Management is the core team within the bank which champions this vision and is responsible to drive the digitization agenda with our corporate and institutional clients.
As a Channel Manager for Trade Finance, you will need to craft a vision for the next generation corporate banking platform. You will work with talented team members across Product Management, Technology and client service partners to develop your product all the way from a conceptual stage to the product launch. You will be required to push the boundaries by bringing in new ideas that will take the Banks' digital capabilities to the new generation of Treasurers and CFOs.
You will have a key role in building innovative product capabilities, influence change, commercialize capabilities and enable our global corporate banking platform in 40+ countries. You will be responsible to take the ideas through implementation in Agile Methodology as a "Product Owner".
You will continuously evaluate the ever-changing financial ecosystem and related emerging technologies in collaboration with our technology partners
- Work closely with the stream leads and execute the end-to-end product delivery lifecycle covering conceptualization, business requirements, product solutions, meticulous quality checks, deployment and eventually, the customer migration phases of the revamped platform.
- Own and deliver one or more product rationalization work streams by getting into the details of the existing application features, measure client usage, ascertain business relevance and come up with final recommendations and execution plan.
- Demonstrate product proficiency and develop Human centric user interface designs covering critical online banking flows such as transaction initiation, approvals, enquiries, reporting and other supporting flows
- Work extensively with the external user interface specialists / vendors and demonstrate thought leadership in visualizing and building intuitive and innovative user flows to deliver best-in-class digital channel experience.
- Work closely with the external vendor delivery teams, reinforce the business and delivery priorities, and deliver on the agreed business tasks such as user stories, business flow diagrams etc.
- Assist the stream leads in preparing status reports and capabilities document in articulating the key achievements / updates of the program to the senior management teams.
- Engage actively with the product, implementation & client management, legal, compliance, operations and sales teams to create awareness of the new product features and encourage a participative attitude to elicit critical business requirements and ensure overall acceptance of the new process flows and the system functionalities.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 7-8 years' experience with a proven track record of working in the Trade Finance product management or channel management functions in Transaction banking.
- Pertinent first-hand experience and a proven track record of working in the product management and development functions in Transaction banking, preferably Cash Management or Trade or Securities Services.
- Good understanding of the product development lifecycle using Agile Methodology and relevant prior experience in drafting vision statements, epics and user stories, use cases documents, solution papers, business workflow documents and high-level design documents.
- Deep understanding of the transaction banking domain with a profound ability to conceive and design end-to-end product flows, define interface requirements, identify relevant operational processes and clearly articulate these flows and processes to the relevant business and technology workgroups.
- Prior knowledge and first-hand experience in user interface (UI) oriented assignments, particularly on fast-emerging touchpoints such as mobiles and tablets as well as the conventional channels such as Web and Host-to-Host.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and lateral thinking skills to manage complex application functionalities and conflicting business priorities.
- Proven inter-personal skills to actively engage with cross-cultural teams across the globe in understanding client needs, training the frontline country staff, managing client queries and feedback etc.
- Understanding of technology; proven ability to translate technology possibilities and solutions to business / client usage opportunities will be an added advantage.
- Self-driven and highly motivated professional with a strong sense of ownership and a passion towards delivering high-quality client solutions.