Chief Control Officer - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Oct 17 2017-10-04
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you will continue to be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, remember how diversity drives success right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Chief Control Officer.
In this role, you will
- Leading the first line business risk and control management activity for the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business in Singapore. This includes responsibility for management of misselling risk, regulatory compliance risk, conduct risk, and all other categories of operational risk including financial crime risk
- Communicating and monitoring performance against risk appetite in line with business requirements.
- Identifying risks, raising awareness and ensuring common understanding of all categories of risks impacting the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business
- Conducting high quality and efficient reviews of our control performance, in collaboration with control owners in and outside of Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
- Enforcing robust risk governance and ensuring all stakeholders have visibility of key risks and remediation activity.
- Facilitating controls remediation where required and continuously improving the control and monitoring of risk, including behaviours.
- Overseeing all business as usual regulatory programmes including Global Standards Operations, Client Due Diligence and others.
- Fully manages the monitoring of end to end first line of defence activity.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Previous experience in Risk Management within a global organisation, working across cultures.
- Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Senior Management using simple language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the external environment which includes but not limited to risk, regulatory, political, competitors.
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills with experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior executives across multiple functions.
- Ability to distil complex and varied information into useful, insightful and concise recommendations.
- Ability to identify, assess and communicate the need for risk management intervention in complex, fast paced environments.
- Proactive and delivery focused to ensure individual and team tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality.
- Skilled decision maker, making considered and timely decisions, particularly when under high pressure.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009SNJ
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited