Chief Operating Office - Client Offboarding MI/Business Analyst - Assistant Vice President
Position Overview Background and Role Description
Deutsche Bank's process approach involves looking at end-to-end processes, regardless of functional silos; with a focus on eliminating waste and simplifying and standardising current processes where and when possible.
Client Lifecycle Management (CLM, formerly known as Client Data Services) is a key part of Deutsche Bank's GTO business. The Operations team within CLM is tasked with ensuring that Deutsche Bank is only doing business with those firms and individuals that meet its standards and those of the global regulators. There are four key operational process responsibilities: firstly, onboarding new clients; secondly, providing clearance for clients requiring an extension of service beyond those approved at the initial onboarding process; thirdly, carrying out periodic reviews of the clients. Finally, offboarding clients.
This role sits within the Client Offboarding workstream and is part of a programme of process control improvements to be delivered that started in 2017 and run throughout 2019 and beyond as a commitment to the regulators called Project Mercury.
The key objectives of the role within the Client Offboarding stream are to:
- Drive completion of client offboards in a controlled and timely manner across CIB for all regional locations
- Support delivery working across a large stakeholder landscape regionally and globally, delivering as a team and meeting deadlines.
- Execute the strategy to improve processes, controls and hand-off between units.
This role is to act as a MI/Business Analyst for the Client Offboarding workstream, based in Singapore in the CLM team, reporting to Regional Off-boarding lead. The role will liaise regularly with multiple teams across many branches (Branch KYC teams, Business, Operations, Compliance, DBOI India) and will be required to influence across a wider Global organisation.
The candidate will bring their experience and understanding of the Off-Boarding process, controls and business engagement to offboard clients in the eyes of the regulator. Responsibilities
- This role is a BAU function with core responsibilities as follows:
- Upload Global MI to share-point per deadline and ensure all partners are aware of new numbers
- Identify and record updates, ensuring location updates to the sharepoint ensuring progress daily
- Distribute summary MI to the regional stakeholders for presentation at OpCos and SteerCos
- Ensure delivery timelines are managed and delivered against, evidencing achievement with appropriate artefacts for Audit and Regulators
- Manage reconciliations between recorded offboards and official reports to assess completeness
- Ensure execution of improvement change plans towards the target operating model
- Identify areas for improvement with regards to using key golden reference source data and reducing risk related to clients on offboarding lists and feeding into Program Management
- Record risks, issues, next steps, target dates, ownership, priorities and escalations accordingly
- Guiding stakeholders to identify next steps, following up to ensure delivery
- Handles, analyses, reconciles, identifies errors and determines next steps from large sets of data in Excel using pivot tables and vlookups referencing golden sources
- Takes structured, organised and methodical approaches to tasks
- Develops and builds relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of objectives
- Is diligent, careful and thorough in the collection and collation of data, attention to detail is a must
- Analyses root causes and problem solves
- Facilitates working groups and keeps track of commitments
- Determined to deliver to deadlines
- Good understanding of the Bank's front\u2010to\u2010back architecture used across CIB to book trades
- Experience of the APAC region, including regulatory nuances and platforms
- Can demonstrate exposure to operational processing, exception management and workflow handling
- Experienced in off-boarding client accounts, businesses and locations
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.