Chief Operation Office - Cash Operations Head APAC - Director
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank is a client-centric global universal bank. One that is leading change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other.
Our Corporate Bank is a market leader across Europe, the Middle East and Africa - and has a growing presence in both the Americas and Asia Pacific regions. Major Corporates, financial institutions and government bodies across the globe rely on our Cash Management, Trade Finance and Institutional Cash & Securities Services. This division offers challenging and rewarding careers for entrepreneurial people who look beyond the obvious. By working collaboratively with colleagues across the Bank's global network, you will get the opportunity to develop integrated, value-added solutions for clients in all corners of the world. Join us in Cash Management, and you will help clients optimize their treasury and payment businesses and improve cashflow, you will deliver comprehensive solutions for every stage of a client's business. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your skills and experience:
- Cash Operations Head APAC is responsible for Cash Operations across APAC Operations managing teams providing global cash Operations services to APAC and global clients.
- Proven track record of managing high performance Operations teams & transforming processes through automation, deployment of RPA, AI etc.
- Drive a culture of high performance for their employees by providing direction to the team to ensure delivery is aligned to the global strategy
- Own the end to end processes for Cash Operations APAC by ensuring controls are enhanced, risks are mitigated to achieve zero error delivery and process is automated as much as possible
- Position Specific Responsibilities
- Delivering as per Global cash ops strategy on key aspects of Service Delivery, Cost, Risk & control, Transformation & efficiency/Process Improvement, People, Regulatory compliance, Vendor Governance requirements (Offshoring)
- Successful execution on Business strategy on client, revenue, cost and Service
- Lead and drive initiatives that make Deutsche an employer of choice
- Lead & deliver on the global Transformation initiatives ( e.g. Operational engineers , Tech 4 ops ,Deployment of emerging technologies like RPA /AI/Bots )
- Manage teams performing various processes within Cash Operations.
- Continuously deliver to the Resiliency & BCM strategy
- Culture of adherence to the risk & control framework in line with Regulatory requirements / Internal policies /Audit standards
- Strong engagement & governance model with Regions /Branches serviced ( including delivering to offshoring /vendor governance requirements/Transitions framework )
- Liaise with stakeholders and Vendor Management team for various aspects relating to Service delivery of the team
- People Management
- Delivering on People strategy of Talent Acquisition, Talent development, Talent Retention and Growth.
- Strong engagement model for enhanced retention and Cash Operations / Deutsche bank being seen as a preferred employer of choice.
- Takes ownership for own career development for self as well as teams by actively driving identification & execution of personal development plans.
- Acts as a role model for employees
- High performance culture which is integrated with Banks Values and Beliefs
- Driving culture of Strong Performance Management
How we'll support you:
- Minimum of 15-20 years of business experience in Banking / Cash operations and working knowledge of various banking products like Cash, Cash Management Services/ System, with a proven track record for managing multiple teams, processes, functions and driving change
- Deep understanding of the evolving industry trends in Payments, GTB business model, products and processes with proven track record of managing service delivery for multiple geographies / function / large teams
- Proven track record of driving transformation initiatives involving Deployment of RPA/AI/BOTs
- Be responsible for and willing to continuously invest in learning/training to stay abreast of constantly changing industry trends / client requirements and newer products /processes
- Strong communication skills essential for interacting at all levels across business disciplines, regions and branches as well as strong influencing skills essential. Capable of assertively interacting with business stakeholders and regions / branches ( internal stakeholders ) in order to resolve day to day issues, control risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Strong problem solving skills/ability to hold clear and concise conversations with internal and external business partners.
- Develop new processes and re-engineer current processes to meet changing needs of the business and deploy emerging technologies like AI /RPA / BOTs
- Experience in working with business and technology partners to develop functional specifications /roadmap to address complex business needs/ process improvements
- Leader who works effectively in a team setting and is creative about providing innovative solutions (new processes, technologies and approaches) with strong People Management skills with ability to lead Change and effectively create Business Proposals / Senior management reviews /presentations and communications to clients internally and externally.
- Successful Track record of working in a matrix / global environment
- Good understanding of Regulatory & Compliance , internal Risk & Control framework governing Payments & Operational Risk Management and knowledge of transitions framework & delivery to Vendor governance requirements in an Offshore environment
- Solid technical and commercial understanding of the Cash Operations Products as well as cash Operations processes including Payments & Clearing Systems, Embargo Filtering, Check Processing, Investigations and Funds Release.
- Energetic and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent ability to execute on deliverables
- Effective Stakeholder management Skills, Service Delivery Experience, Delegation. Decision making and leadership skills.
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.