Client Development Manager (Petrochemical Clients)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Client Development Manager (Petrochemical Clients)
Role: The Client Development Manager (CDM) is a senior level position who is able to leverage knowledge of the commodity industry to enhance relationships with customers. CDM will leverage his/her understanding of the Client's core business (oil exploration, refining/processing, trading, marketing, shipping etc) to help latter realize bottom line benefits from the use of Platts products. Due to the breadth of knowledge the CDM brings to the relationship they are seen by the customer as the guardian of the strategic customer relationship, orchestrating the deployment of corporate-wide resources to provide value to Platts' Strategic Accounts. CDM is responsible for the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with defined customer base to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Whilst safeguarding the existing business, CDM should also influence the broader adoption of Platts' existing and new services thereby entrenching Platts brand further into the Client environment. As the customer advocate, CDM must also provide actionable customer feedback that will enhance Platts products and service to earn client business.
Managing Account Relationship and SLA
- Main point of contact on account, taking responsibility for the experience the customer has with Platts
- Considers both the big picture as well as the day-to-day when managing the account
- Develops and builds meaningful and lasting relationships with key and influential contacts
- Effectively navigates around client organizations and leverages internal cross functional resources to create value
- Continuous investigative and collaborative contact with customers to gather strategic information about their business, understands their issues, uncovers unrecognized problems providing solutions to them
- As owner of the SLA, co-ordinates with all other functions and third parties to help ensure service levels and value add offerings are attained and customer needs are met
- Acts as a broker of capabilities or services for client, advocates internally and facilitates the involvement of sales and other functions to achieve common goals for the client and for Platts
- Understands the client usage of product/services and help define potential use cases or enhancements of new products to benefit client
- Monitors and reports on the health of the relationship between Platts and Strategic Accounts
Lead Generation - Driving Increased Usage and Adoption of New Services
- Plays an instrumental role in the initial sales cycle by researching customer business, identifying and qualifying leads, involving sales to negotiate and close opportunities
- Promotes non benchmark services and identifies new product development needs by working across functions within the customer organization to understand their needs and based on their industry knowledge, contribute relevant input to product launch and marketing plans.
- Seeks out cross and up selling opportunities
- Drives interest in trials and demonstrations, participating in their presentation, after providing appropriate customer contacts throughout the customer organization who would be involved in product discussions or testing
- Responds to incremental sales and incoming orders, which are processed via the sales administrator
- Close collaboration with the Sales Managers and internal stake-holders
- Prevents cancellations and mitigates risk by ensuring existing clients continue to derive value from Platts services
- Devise value-add plan for Clients with enterprise-wide licenses by working closely with the Sales Managers, Client Services, Commodity Specialists, Marketing and Content team to drive increased usage and broader adoption
- Communicates potential client and/or market shifts, changes or reactions, as well as client needs back to appropriate levels
- Monitors and reports on use of Platts services and usage levels.
- Contributes to Account Plan and participates in plan implementation.
- Work across regional boundaries with other CDMs to ensure the customer account plan is developed and executed consistently and effectively.
- Provides status risk and opportunity, product development needs
- Updates CRM
- Monthly activity reporting
- Degree with minimum 7 years of successful experience managing client relations within major or complex accounts, preferably in a commodity information provider or consulting role
- Strong background in Oil industry and/or other commodities such as Petrochemicals, LNG and Metals is preferred
- Successful sales experience in the North Asia region will be advantageous
- Broad understanding/ communication skills of the oil industry including understanding the personas of front, mid and back office functions, as well as analysts
- Previous use of Platts, Eclipse, PIRA or Bentek products is preferred
- Previous use of Reuters, Bloomberg, GlobalView, DTN or other real-time services is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts, multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
- Superior customer relationship management skills, proven ability to develop multiple level of relationships within an account of a strategic nature
- Proven success in doing business in Korea/Japan
- Competent at creating and identifying needs using consultative sales techniques is a must
- Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize
- Competent with systems (Oracle, Salesforce CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Frequent travelling required around the region at least once or twice a month
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .