Client Onboarding Advisor
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
An exciting Client Onboarding Advisor/Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected global banks based in Singapore. Being the single point of contact for the Front Office, this is a role for a team player who is a leader in their field.
About the Client Onboarding Advisor Role:
You will be focused on providing advisory services to Front Office on the Client Onboarding process, in particular, Client Due Diligence ('CDD'), Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), Source-of-Wealth ('SoW') and documentation formalities requirements, in view of the Financial Crime Compliance program for the Private Banking business in APAC division.
- Provide pre-onboarding guidance to Relationship Managers in Private Bank, in view of establishing highest levels of quality upfront and getting it right first time
- Act as Subject Matter Expert ('SME'), providing CDD guidance to Front Office on account opening requirements including document formalities, KYC and SoW plausibility, for various account types, to enable the most effective client onboarding process, and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and Bank policies
- Escalate higher risk matters or regulatory questions to the Financial Crime Compliance team
- Stay relevant with the latest regulatory, policy and procedural requirements
- To prepare and conduct training on client onboarding processes as required
- Participate in change-the-bank activities & projects in view of Private Bank's strategic objectives and vision
- Deliver continuous process improvements, in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment
To succeed in the Client Onboarding Advisor/Analyst role, you will need to possess the ability to work under pressure.
- At least two to three years' relevant experience in Client Due Diligence (including risk factors, SoW and account documentation requirements), KYC and/or AML experience in Private Banking/Wealth Management
- Strong understanding of AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg)
- Pro-active and self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Strong analytical ability, and a problem solver with the ability to think out of the box
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key internal clients including business, operations and colleagues in Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
This global bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding, but if you have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Client Onboarding Advisory job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.