Responsible for building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform, ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
The incumbent must be experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of emerging AWS technologies, platforms, and knowledge of applications. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations.
- Responsible for generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources
- Discover standard cloud services offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings.
- Build scripts to integrate with the organization’s systems as a service offering.
- Stay well-informed of failures and complications related to a cloud offering.
- Responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Manage a complex cloud environment in accordance with company security guidelines
- To work as a cloud engineer, applicants are required to have a minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or Engineering, or in other related technical field. In addition to educational qualification, they should possess at least 3-5years IT experience with cloud operations and systems administration
- Exposure to Public cloud automaton tooling and scripting experience – CFn, Terraform, Ansible.
- It is important that they have relevant cloud certifications such as AWS Cloud Practitioner or Sys Ops .
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker , Kubernetes Docker and EKS. and Public cloud delivery know-how with AWS and/or Azure
- Hands-on AWS experience with at least 1 implementation (preferred in an Enterprise scale environment)
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies.
- Experience with Cloud native Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Familiar with one of the enterprise operating systems (Microsoft Windows Server (20012 & up) and/or RHEL 7, 8)
- Part of the daily tasks of a Cloud Engineer is to work with cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, and Business Analysts), so it is vital that they can work in a team-driven environment
- Cloud engineer works with people, including IT professionals and non-IT experts, so it is crucial that they have an exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communications skills to convey information clearly to the different audience
- Open to learning: Cloud technologies become advanced over time, so an essential ingredient that most recruiters look out for in cloud engineers is their willingness to learn and work with new and emerging technologies.
Optimum Solutions company registration: 199700895N