Cloud Engineer/Cloud Architect
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Essential:
- This Cloud Architect role focusing on migrating applications to public and private cloud. The candidate will be expected to show leadership in driving customer migrations to both platforms. The candidate must be able to communicate with senior stakeholders and influence them, while having the hands on knowledge to drive migrations and improve on existing processes to enhance the user experience on cloud.
- Established professional few years working in the related technology infrastructure development life-cycles, testing, implementation, systems administration and support or engineering.
- Communicator with ability to lead and influence direction and strategy of technology organization.
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver technical projects from scratch.
- Significant practical experience in analyzing testing results to assess required software and infrastructure tuning.
- Sound problem analysis and resolution abilities.
- Ability to write technology proposals and business recommendations would be considered an advantage.
- Established technology infrastructure career in engineering and delivery with relevant experience
- Strong development background and understanding of how applications are built
- AWS Hands-on experience - certified (pref)
- Experience on both public and private cloud platforms
- Experience using containers like docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of infrastructure as code using Terraform or similar
- Experience in Ansible or similar
- Exposure to automate build and deployment pipelines
- Banking experience, it's important the candidate has been exposed to the security and compliance restrictions which banks have to deal with or at least worked in an environment which is regulated
- Azure or Google cloud experience is an advantage
- Worked in previous infra solutions design roles (non Cloud) during their career
- Involved in migrations from on premise data centers to AWS
- A solid understanding of DevOps and Infrastructure as code , must be hands on with DevOps tools and can automate deployments to AWS
- Use of DevOps tools to build infrastructure and manage configurations
- Understanding of 3 tier and microservice architecture. Programming skills in, modern language like Java/Golang/Python
- Background in various disciplines is essential, such as Development, Testing, Support, and Engineering. Having a development background with infrastructure experience is an advantage
- The ability to articulate use cases, document requirements, and provide management summary information for proof of concepts and testing Is required
- Significant knowledge of cloud technologies for design and build, both public and private .
- A solid understanding of core infrastructure components: OS,network, storage, Database, Web
- Knowledge of Virtualised environments required including docker/containerization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.