Commodities Business Manager
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Work with the Financial Markets (FM) Commodities business to develop the strategy for the business
- Work with the Business end-to-end stakeholders to define the steps required to take strategy to reality and take an active role in implementing the business strategic agenda to maximise shareholder value, identify and create areas of competitive advantage
- Work with the FM Commodities business to highlight and resolve trade-offs between competing business investments and agendas
- Work with ITO to facilitate the development and execution of the infrastructure plan to support the business strategy, ensure the smooth running of the existing business and align with future regulatory requirements
- Support transformational change initiatives (large projects, transformation roadmaps) to enable business growth/scalability.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, reduce operational risk and increase efficiency across the business through automation and standardisation
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that the Bank is compliant with all new commodities regulations through the execution of key programmes
- Provide on-the-ground support to the Business in Singapore, working with stakeholders to resolve issues in a timely fashion to minimize business disruption
- Act as the interface into the Regional teams, ensuring two-way sharing of risks, areas of concern and opportunities
- With Process Governance Committee (PGC) stakeholders, deliver and maintain optimal global design standards for processes that are fit for business purpose and growth and are appropriately managed through PGCs
- Ensure that key risks and changes to process are addressed via the PGC and facilitate the effective running of this key governance forum
- Work with stakeholders to ensure end-to-end assessment of operational risk, establishing and maintaining control- and risk indicators to manage operational risks. Work with stakeholders to ensure that the root cause of breaches is properly understood and addressed
- Provide input into the development of end-to-end scalable infrastructure and processes to execute business processes
- Escalate and monitor material risks which affect the business processes in accordance with the Group's Risk Management Framework. Work with Process Owners to identify the necessary remediation and monitor completion of actions
- Support the OTC regulatory reform Programme and ensure that all risks and issues are properly highlighted and addressed and that a high standard of governance and delivery is achieved.
- Facilitate the identification and driving of initiatives designed to increase business operating efficiency and strengthen first line operational risk management
- Work with stakeholders to identify proactive measures to identify and manage forward looking risks
- Act to minimize operational loss and audit failures
- Champion and act as a role model of the Group's valued behaviours and Code of Conduct and ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
- With commodities PGC members, help the Process Governance Committee execute their responsibilities in line with the terms of reference
- Work with functional stakeholders to ensure an adequate Business Continuity Management ("BCM") Framework is in place for the business to ensure continuity of critical business operations in the event of significant business interruption
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for identifying, escalating, mitigating and resolving risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Commodities Management Team
- FM COO Group members
- Commodities Process Governance Committee members
- Take personal responsibility for demonstrating Here for good and the Group's valued behaviours
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong interpersonal skills in networking and influencing decisions taken across the end-to-end business
- Good knowledge of the Commodities markets, including physical Commodities, with a broad understanding of Banking business
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation
- Able to work both strategically as well as tactically
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions
- Good business judgment and strong in operational control and risk assessment
- Strong programme management skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.