Commodity Agency Sales - Corporate and Investment Banking - Singapore
- Marketing and developing Commodities Agency business to existing and prospective clients in Asia, with focus on onshore/offshore China clients including local China companies.
- Solid understanding of commodities client/market landscape in Asia; ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop new business/relationship.
- Technical and operational knowledge of financial & commodities derivatives market.
- Mastery of the complete work flow process in clearing product/client parameters (on-boarding, credit/risk monitoring, execution, operations, etc).
- Knowledge in all aspects of risk control functions, desk mandates, bank's operations procedures - including all validations and escalations.
- Understanding of all the relevant compliance/legal/regulatory policies & procedures.
- Manage/troubleshoot on all aspects of products/transactions supports (Risk, Legal, Operation, Client Service, etc) with the relevant internal support functions.
- Perform all aspects of risk controls, operational duties that are assigned to individual; complete all the mandatory trainings on-time.
- Comply with all the bank's procedures, policies, rules; and all the relevant governments and industry regulations and laws.
- Responsible for contributing team's 2020 NBI target
- Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Relevant 5~10 yrs of working experience in commodities industry
- Undergraduate or graduate education related to finance or commodities
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin (Fluency in Mandarin language skill is required to communicate with China clients)
- Organized and fast worker who can work under pressure.
- Team player and able to multi-task
- Self starter who is able to work independently
- Sales & Marketing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Sensible to Risks
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale's teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale's first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services. Department Description
Within the Equity & Derivatives division, Societe Generale's (SG) Equity Prime business unit is a leading Prime Broker for institutions, investors and corporate clients worldwide. PSC (Prime Services Clearing) division partners with various teams and stakeholders to deliver Execution, Clearing and Financing on multi-asset classes in listed market to empower our clients to deliver their best trading potential. SG's Equity Prime franchise is a market leader (notably on Listed Derivatives) and is recognized within the industry for its unique expertise and innovative drive.
Under SG's EQD/PSC, the corporate commodities team specialises in offering prime brokerage services to corporate clients in commodities market.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2020/12/13
Publication date: 2020/11/13