Compl Bus Control Officer
GCG - Regional Retail Bank Operational Risk & Control Officer Description
The Regional Retail Bank Operational Risk & Control Senior Officer will work with Regional Retail Bank team, other Regional & Global functions (eg :Compliance/Legal/Technology, ORM etc) as well as country CBORC organization to support implementation of robust control directives and processes.
A critical function of the job is to provide guidance and support to the Regional Retail Bank organization in order to mitigate the high business and franchise risk that accompany a business going through a transformation (i.e., new products development, new process development and network optimization) in a regulatory environment that is constantly changing. The incumbent will also provide subject matter expertise on risk and control, project manage regional control initiatives, engage in Retail Bank controls strategy, governance and framework. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Work with the Regional Retail Bank team to execute a robust control and governance framework for Asia and EMEA markets. Enhance the focus on controls and governance related to Investment and Insurance products, to ensure that controls are keeping in pace with the evolving business landscape.
- Work with Regional counterparts (E.g. : KL COE,IPR, AML, Compliance, Legal) to provide oversight and help develop effective surveillance and monitoring parameters, including but not restricted to sales surveillance, customer pre/post-purchase call backs, customer complaint monitoring, etc.
- Work with Regional Retail Bank team to develop standards and enhance implementation procedures around Product Risk, Investment and Insurance sales surveillance for APAC/EMEA Retail Bank
- Coordinate with Regional/country technology and product teams to ensure successful implementation of new regulatory/Citi policy requirements related to Investment and Insurance product launches.
- Participate in Investment and Insurance DPAC (Distributed Product Approval Committee) during product and provider approvals, and quarterly Investment and Insurance supervisory committees/meetings to update Sales Surveillance trends, MCA (Managers Control Assessments), escalate significant issues and help in standardization of key control processes etc.
- Drive critical MCA program enhancements through alignment with evolving risks, lessons learnt, integrating it with KAAC (Key Automated Application Controls) and Data driven Retrievals, including ensuring the mapping of the Regulatory Control Matrix to the MCA, is comprehensive.
- Provide Summarized update to Regional and Country Heads/Seniors on Retail Control Updates including Internal Audit, Compliance Assurance, Regulatory Examinations, summarized focus areas, incidents and ongoing initiatives
- Work with Retail Bank team to identify and track potential Key Indicators (KI), aligned to respective Key Operational Risks (KOR),
- Help drive a strong control culture and ensuring permanent controls readiness through proactive risk and issue self-identification.
- Providing advisory and support to the Retail Bank team on Compliance Monitoring, Internal Audit reviews and regulatory exams
- Refining and augmenting the Regional Consumer Control Procedure Manual (RCCPM) to align with business strategy and cater for changes arising from evolving issues, trends and emerging risks.
- Performing root cause analysis on significant control breaks and sharing lessons learned with the country and region teams.
- Performing targeted Peer Reviews with teams of regional and country process, function and control Subject Matter Experts to perform onsite reviews with the support of local management.
- Support the Retail Bank Transformation and strategic initiatives to ensure that risk and controls are adequately managed and included prior to implementation.
- Active participation in Global initiatives and work groups representing Asia GCB.
- Promote the role and criticality of the CBORC function across business teams.
- Bachelor / Master degree
- Strong strategic, analytical and product management (Investment, Insurance and Liabilities) skills
- Minimum 10+ years of experience.
- Good working knowledge of Investment and Insurance products.
- Good understanding of various Branch, digital and other customer engagement channels
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills (e.g. communication, influencing skilled & negotiation)
- Strong people skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Job may require some travel
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .