Compliance Analyst, Assistant Vice President
- Market Rate
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
- Under limited supervision, individual in this position provides compliance support to corporate compliance program, business and functional units.
- Review activities and documentation focusing on higher level advisory or process management issues.
- Fully knowledgeable in area of expertise and have full understanding of the relevant compliance management policies, procedures and standards.
- Create/Review policiesor procedures suitable for the business unit.
- Independently conduct assigned responsibilities within their section of overall compliance function and are capable of executing/completing a range of complex tasks and analysis. Escalatecomplex and higher risk issuesto senior managers and Identify solutionsfor complex issues in a multi-constituent environment.
- Coordinate the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and regulations that potentially affect the organization’s business practices.
- Participate in the execution of the Compliance Oversight Program
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- May have direct contact with regulatory agencies, internal and external advisors and other internal control groups on compliance- related issues.
- Participate in committees as requested.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide direction and training to more junior staff.
Experience / Qualification / Key Skills / Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Minimum 5 years solid compliance related experiencein the financial industry.
- Compliance experience related to MAS regulated activities is an advantage.
- Demonstrated good communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated good project management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and problem solving skills in a practical and efficient manner
- Team player.
- Ability to build consensus.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships within business units and across the corporation.