Compliance Officer - AML Compliance Risk Management - Commercial Banking
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Provide AML-related advice to the Citi Commercial Bank businesses in APAC, ensuring AML standards are understood and implemented appropriately.
- Where required participating in client meetings, particularly with the compliance team of the client and ability to interview them in order to evaluate their policies, standards, understanding of the same and the compliance culture.
- Ability to understand new payment technologies and products, and the ability to assess the incremental AML risks associated with the same.
- Assist as required with matters relating to Citi's payment intermediary program, including working closely and cooperatively with colleagues in TTS and the Payment Intermediary ACRM.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the CCB businesses in designing, building, and implementing enhancements to their AML compliance risk management programs, including risk assessment, remediation activities, metrics formation, and the identification of risks, trends, and patterns.
- Draft and revise policy, procedures, and guidelines, and provide support to the business units in operationalizing AML-related activities.
- Review and assess new CCB products for AML risk.
- Liaise with other compliance, risk, legal, and AML teams to provide a common AML voice for CCB.
- Liaise with regulators and internal audit staff for AML matters; provide support for AML-related regulatory examinations, audit and reviews, document production, and issue responses related to the CCB business.
- 6-10 years of experience
- experience in AML regulations, risks and typologies globally, including those specific to commercial banking products.
- Proven experience with AML risk management practices and internal control functions.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required. Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese a plus.
- Ability to lead and influence people across cultures using sound judgment, and with an understanding of how to operate effectively across diverse businesses.
- Ability to interact in a geographically dispersed team of AML subject matter experts and commercial banking professionals.
- Candidates must work collaboratively and creatively with the businesses they support, in a matrix environment, providing compliance guidance, risk management judgment and administering the company's Compliance policies/procedures in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .