- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region ' s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
The Compliance Specialist assists the Compliance officer team in activities to contribute to the independent compliance oversight of Front Line Unit (FLU) and Control Function (CF) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Compliance Risk Management (CRM) Program and the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy (GC Policy).
This role provides regional Compliance coverage for Operations functions within APAC Technology & Operations (GT&O). As a member of a FLU or CF compliance officer team, this role applies business acumen to promote a culture of compliance and the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance risks by assisting FLU or CF Compliance teams with any of the following activities:
- Create and maintain a regulatory inventory.
- Update relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory requirements for FLU/CF.
- Contribute to compliance risk assessments.
- Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics.
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance risk controls for FLU/CF.
- Identify aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements for FLU/CF.
- Assist in the execution of governance and management routines.
- Identify compliance training needs and inspect FLU/CF and third party participation for FLU/CF.
- Assist with preparations for regulatory exams and audits for FLU/CF.
- Inspect that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention ("MRAs") and other actions are completed for FLU/CF.
- Escalate regulatory relations concerns to Compliance Manager or Executive.
Additional responsibilities include:
The role requires interactions with Country Compliance Officers/other FLU Compliance officers as well as the Operations stakeholders in APAC GT&O to ensure that Operations is functioning in a compliant manner day-to-day. The responsibilities include regulatory change and inventory management, participation in governance and management routines such as APAC T&O Risk Forum and other governance forum. The role will be responsible for compliance risk assessment of Operations functions and implementing monitoring and testing routines in APAC Operations.
Minimum Years Business & Functional Experience: 5 Years Functional Experience
Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent experience
Functional expertise in Compliance, Risk Management, and Project Management in one or more Operations domains - client fulfillment and servicing, Credit Operations, Payments, and/or Trade Finance specific to the financial industry. The ability to manage projects in an Operations role is critical to the success of this role.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 12/10/2017
Singapore, , OUE BAYFRONT, 50 COLLYER QUAY,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40