Compliance and Operational Risk Specialist
Who we're looking for
- An individual with at least 3-5 years of compliance experience in the banking industry.
- A strong team player who is able to support the Compliance and Operational Risk Team in ensuring compliance with industry's rules and regulations, best practices as well as Local / Divisional and Group policies and procedures.
- An individual who is able to work within tight deadlines and contribute positively and dynamically to the growth of the Asia Wealth Management business from a risk and control perspective.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. What you'll do
This Compliance role is based in Singapore. You will work closely with the Compliance & Operational Risk Team and provide support to the Schroder & Co (Asia) Limited (SCAL) / Schroder & Co (Hong Kong) Limited (SWMHK) Compliance & Operational Risk Function in ensuring compliance with the industry's rules and regulations, best practices, as well as SCAL, SWMHK and Schroder Group policies and procedures. You will also work closely with other Compliance and Ops Risk teams with the Group/Division to ensure consistency and highest standards across all Wealth Management Entities. Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the Compliance & Operational Risk Team in providing advice and support to the staff and management of SCAL and SWMHK in meeting both local and global compliance standards, identifying regulatory changes and propose required actions and assisting management in making appropriate management decisions in the light of key compliance issues, risks and priorities;
- Help develop and maintain local documentation including standard terms and manuals to ensure they are up to date, reflecting current working practices, relevant regulatory requirements and Schroders Group policies;
- Performing periodic surveillance reviews of compliance arrangements as set out in the annual surveillance plan, reporting any findings to senior management, as per the Global Compliance Charter, and tracking the resolution of the issues identified. Be proactive in identifying compliance risk areas;
- Assist in the undertaking of periodic thematic compliance monitoring reviews as required;
- Assist in ensuring that the local policies/procedures are kept up to date with the latest regulatory developments and to contribute to compliance consultations as appropriate.
- Oversee SCAL's and SWMHK's compliance with local laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures and to carry out regular assessments of their adequacy in proportion to the risk, nature, scale and complexity of the business;
- Review marketing materials from a compliance perspective, where appropriate;
- Assist in the coordination on compliance issues with Divisional and Group Compliance;
- Assist the Head of Compliance and Operation Risk, Asia in checking the MAS / SFC website and MASNET / SFC Portal on a regular basis for updates which may impact SCAL/SWMHK.
- Financial Crime Prevention
- Review, resolve and escalate (as applicable) any adverse news and sanction hits on clients and payments in a timely manner;
- Identify money laundering risks and document SCAL's and SWMHK's risk profile and risk management policies and procedures;
- Receive and review internal suspicious transaction/activity reports. Assess if these should be reported to the relevant authorities, file suspicious transaction/activity reports and liaise with external parties as required;
- To assist the Compliance and Operational Risk Team in providing staff with money laundering awareness and training sessions in AML, KYC and other compliance areas relevant to staff;
- Assist in the monitoring the effectiveness of SCAL's and SWMHK's anti-money laundering systems and controls.
- Operational Risk
- Assist the Compliance & Operational Risk Team in the implementation of a local operational risk framework, in collaboration with WM Divisional Risk, to include effective governance and reporting structure;
- Provide support and advice on risk issues locally, collaborating and coordinating with WM Divisional Risk as necessary;
- Help implement a Risk Event management process and manage Risk Events as they arise
- Assist in the facilitation and completion of the Risk & Control Assessment programme annually;
- Assist in the implementation and manage an operational risk policy framework in SCAL and SWMHK;
- Report on risk issues locally and divisionally on a timely basis.
- Contribute proactively to projects regarding compliance, AML / financial crime prevention, legal and operational risk and control aspects.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Provide assistance to the Head of Compliance & Operational Risk, Wealth Management, Asia, in management reporting to various local committees (e.g. Board, MANCO, IRC.
- 3-5 years' experience in the Compliance field, preferably Private Banking / Wealth Management.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- University Degree. Diploma holders or A-level holders with the above requisite relevant working experience may be considered.
What you'll be like
- Experience in performing enhanced due diligence reviews of high-risk clients, review of client transactions and/or AML investigations is an advantage.
- Experience in operational risk management or regulatory compliance will be an advantage
- A strong team player who is self-motivated and also able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Possess excellent Analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.