Contract-Production Support Engineer, Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations (IMDA)
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
We are looking for applicants who want to pursue a career in Production Support.
This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer .
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured on-the-job training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers. Responsibilities
- Provide root cause analysis (RCA) techniques to determine cause and resolve complex system issues.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders
- Work with onsite and offshore teams across multiple technologies/applications
- Work on continuous improvement of the system eq. job automation, performance tuning
- Proactive management of production services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, throughput, user journeys and overall system health
- Perform shift work to provide 24/7 on-site or on-call support
- Qualification in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or related discipline
- Ability to function independently within a multi-task environment while mastering a variety of tasks and functions
- Inquisitive and strong interest to troubleshoot and solve problem
- Excellent team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in software development will be desirable
- Ability to perform shift work
- Open to Singaporeans for this programme
- Mid career professionals aged 40 and above
By submitting your application for this job role, you agree that DBS Bank Ltd. may collect, use and disclose your name and email address, which you have provided in the form, for the Infocomm Media Development Authority (TeSA Mid-Career Advance programme administrator) to send a follow-up email. Please note that information will be sent directly by the Infocomm Media Development Authority.