Contract – BA analyst (GT BMU – Transformation Team)
This is a 1 year contract role for a Business Analyst with some basic quantitative background. The person will be part of the OCBC Treasury Business Management Unit (Business Transformation Team). The role requires extensive communication with Treasury desks and Market Risk to work on new product rollouts, pricing and risk capabilities as well as with work with support partners and vendors.
- Ability to analyze and understand product termsheets and offer solutions to the product sponsor and support partners to facilitate product rollouts.
- Work closely with Vendor, market risk and Treasury Front office to identify suitable quantitative models for valuation and risk management.
- Design, and prototype product templates to integrate with valuations and risk measures to other treasury systems
- Partner with external vendors and internal technology teams to access the best available technology/framework and identify suitable solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate with internal business partners on cross functional projects to provide STP solutions for pricing, distribution and execution capabilities.
- Anchor and contribute to key streams in Treasury's strategic projects during user requirement, system testing, user testing and rollout phases.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the service offered to the business unit.
- More than 6 years of relevant experience in bank/equivalent environment
- Proven experience of delivering quick and manageable solutions
- Proven experience in creating artifacts within the SDLC development life cycle
- Very good understanding of Exotic financial products like Equity Autocallables, Accumulators, TARNs
- Willing to learn about new technologies, new product structures, product execution and pricing of financial products
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment and meet tight timelines.
- Good understanding of valuation/pricing of financial instruments
- Experience with designing any web-services architecture is highly desirable
- College degree (Business Finance, Engineering/Computer or Science/Math) is a must. Post graduate degree is desirable.
- A strong analytical and logical approach to problem solving and system development.
- Good knowledge of FX, Equity and Credit Derivative products with a basic understanding of the models to price these products.
- Able to code using VBA, C+, Python or "R".
- Knowledge on Linux, Python and Oracle technologies is desirable.
- Self driven with excellent planning and organizational skills, and be able to plan and manage multiple tasks
- Some experience working on integration projects is preferred.
- Understanding of Murex is required and Numerix is preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite of products
- Experience of full SD life-cycle, from initial concept right through to live deployment and support