Contract (10 months), Group Tax Advisory, Group Finance
Roles and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities include:
Goods & Services Tax ("GST")
- Review of quarterly GST return for the Bank
- Review of daily template for payments made to foreign suppliers to determine treatment on GST reverse charge
- Assist Business in their GST related queries
- Provide assistance/support to local subsidiaries on their GST queries /audits.
- Provide support to banking branches/subsidiaries on foreign GST/VAT related queries
- Review and improve processes and operations in the area of accounting for GST with the aim to reduce risk and/or improve process efficiency.
- Perform as a dedicated Tax Relationship Manager to designated Business / Support Units and assist in their tax queries.
- Support ad-hoc projects on corporate tax and GST compliance.
- Provide GST training to Finance and other Business / Support Units.
- Assist in developing GST e-learning
- Assist in liquidation of companies
- Assist in implementation of updated Tax Risk Management Framework to designated banking branches/subsidiaries and principal subsidiaries and provide guidance, where required
*LI-VN Qualifications Requirements
- Good degree in Accountancy, Business or Finance and/ or a member of a recognised tax practitioner association.
- Minimum 10 years tax experience in GST in a Big 4 accounting and /or banks.
- Experience in the corporate tax will be given favourable consideration.
- Possess strong tax research skills and able to provide practical solutions in commercial environments.
- A self-starter, independent staff who is comfortable dealing with senior Business people.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
The candidate will report to the Head of Group Tax Advisory.