Contractor, Corporate Services Executive
- Contract, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
The executive is a member of the Facilities department to assist the Corporate Services Manager in a number of disparate functions that help deliver a supportive, efficient, safe and secure environment for SIMSL and SCAL to operate in. This is achieved via a range of
The executive is a member of the Facilities department to assist the Corporate Services Manager in a number of disparate functions that help deliver a supportive, efficient, safe and secure environment for SIMSL and SCAL to operate in. This is achieved via a range of services – facilities management, procurement, operational support, vendor management and budgeting.
- Facilities Management
- Operational Support
- Business Continuity
- Customer Service
- Vendor management
- Budget / Financial Management
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment for the organization through daily visual checks of the office premises and rectify issues, with relevant vendors promptly.
- Act as point of contact for building maintenance problems.
- Contact the building management or building engineer or other vendors for repairs and maintenance needs.
- Manage and distribute building keys to employees.
- Provide basic troubleshooting on problem office equipment.
- Assist and/or coordinate any moves/relocation/restack activities as assigned.
- Need to work on one Sat per month due to maintenance of aircon units and facilities equipment.
Procurement and Vendor Management
- Ensure contracts are renewed in timely manner
- Perform procurement process according to Procurement Policy
- Engage vendors for any restacking or corporate services tasks
- Engage vendors for any operational support and maintenance works.
Provide or ensure reception and main line is manned in a professional manner when receptionist is away for less than 3 days (lunch time support only).
Spend about 50% of your time in providing administration support to Cognitive Science & Automation (“CSA”) department.
Help to arrange training rooms according to requestors’ needs and reset the room after event.
Perform messenger’s function like franking or collection of mail from mailbox and urgent external delivery when required.
Process non-IT invoices promptly and ensure invoices are matched with Delivery Orders or quotations before payment.
Assist with the management of vendors for non-IT commodities and services, including tracking of quotations and invoices.
Issuance / deletion Office Security Access Card in the system for SIMSL and SCAL staff. Liaise with Landlord relating to new card or deactivation of lost cards for the turnstiles at lobby.
Manage the receptionist and outsourced vendor like messengers, cleaners and tea ladies in the department.
Assist the Corporate Services Manager to manage and review the organisations emergency preparedness and business continuity. Ensure a safe and efficient facility(s) for employees to support compliance with local Health and Safety requirements.
- Continuously identify and drive cost savings opportunities and efficiencies.
- Work closely with Finance on items including but not limited to Accounts Payable.
- Seek opportunities to improve services while containing costs.
- Provide prompt and good services to internal customers.
- Participate in any cross-functional or other ad hoc projects delegated by the Management through Head of Department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solving skills and good attention to details
- desire to learn and develop
- high interest in pursuing career within Financial Services Industry
- Strong team player but with ability to work independently within specified deadlines
Experience and Skills
- Minimum Diploma or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Previous work experience in a fast paced environment is a plus
- Required Skill(s): PC skills in MS excell and MS word
- Preferably Junior to Mid level executive specialized in Building Maintenance or equivalent.