Contracts Manager (12 months contract)
Aon is currently recruiting a Contracts Manager to join our team in Singapore . This is a 12 months contract position. About Aon
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you'll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It's an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we'll empower results.
This is a regional (Asia) role, sits within the regional business team, and will report to the Chief Contracts Negotiator based in Singapore. This is an interesting business and law hybrid role and ideal for a lawyer looking to move in-house with a strong business and risk management focus. The successful candidate will be expected to review and negotiate commercial terms and conditions in Aon's contracts with its clients. He/she must also be able to demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with accepting (or rejecting) such terms, and take a practical problem-solving approach to resolve any issues that arise. Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts, local and cross border engagements, tenders and RFPs, particularly on commercial terms and conditions Liaising with internal and external stakeholders for fact-finding and negotiation purposes
- Assisting with and conducting in-house trainings and sharing of best practices
- Support with Global Risk Committee and Asia Risk Committee initiatives and projects, contract audits, contracts deployment, implementing changes in contract deployment process
- Managing contract template changes across different jurisdictions (Asia offices)
- Assistance with the creation of new contract templates and improving current templates to meet business needs
- Monitoring progress of global initiatives, contract audits, and contract implementation across Asia
- Establishing and maintaining a register of issues which frequently arise, both from a client and an Aon internal perspective, for training purposes
- Such other duties as the Chief Contracts Negotiator assigns from time to time.
How to Apply
- Law degree, with good understanding of contracts/legal concepts,
- 4-8 years PQE (some exposure to litigation work preferred)
- Able to work independently and in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
- Effective communication skills, for liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to spot issues and gather further information as necessary to resolve issues
- Ability to distil and explain key points in a clear and concise manner
- Good contracts drafting skills
- Project management and administration skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and PowerPoint
- An ability to perform under pressure, cope with voluminous contracts and meet tight deadlines
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.