Corporate Analyst - Corporate Banking
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Corporate Analyst - Corporate Banking
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Corporate Banking provides international financial services solutions that support businesses ranging from large corporates to mid-market enterprises in a variety of industry sectors all over the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global product network, Corporate Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large and mid-market enterprises seeking to maximise their potential internationally, offering streamlined business access to HSBC's international network and broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Corporate Analyst.
- As a Corporate Analyst, you are responsible in shaping the overall customer experience through your interaction with clients and also ensure a balance between financial solutions provided for clients and the Bank's credit and risk criteria.
- You will work closely with Relationship Managers to acquire and grow client relationships. To succeed, you will need to apply specific industry knowledge and partner Relationship and Product Managers to deliver credit and product solutions.
- Manage and strengthen client relationship including attending to all clients' inquiries, transactional or operational requests and follow through ensure that these are satisfactorily addressed
- Ensure that all customer transactions are executed accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy in daily work.
- Supporting Commercial Banking to attain their strategic growth targets while at the same time maintaining a high quality loan book for Commercial Banking
- Safeguarding the bank from potential losses arising from credit and operational risks.
- Performing optimization of Risk Weighted Assets through clear understanding of Basel II regulatory framework and capital requirements.
- Adopting a consultative selling approach to achieve product take up and retention.
- Ensuring timely preparation of security and loan documentation internally that is in line with the credit approvals obtained as well as receipt of completed documents and activation of facility limits.
- Ensuring operational effectiveness and delivery of high service levels.
- Participating in ad hoc projects relating to portfolio review, management reports, improving risk mitigants and enhancing operational efficiency
- Being adaptive to ongoing changes within the organization and support the implementation of needed changes in the department
- Degree holder with a Finance, Business or Accountancy background
- Relevant years of strong risk analysis or corporate lending expertise, preferably from a leading financial institution
- Proven expertise in corporate credit, including credit reviews and structuring financial solutions for clients
- Candidates with Relationship Management experience, working knowledge of commercial banking products and banking operations will have an advantage
- Strong analytical and writing skills, coupled with effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Conscientious and meticulous in completing tasks and activities assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Cohesive team player who possesses a positive attitude and willingness to acquire new skills or knowledge
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.