Corporate Investment Bank - KYC Quality Assurance - AVP
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 24 Oct 17 2017-10-24
Corporate Investment Bank - KYC Quality Assurance - AVP
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Know your client- Quality Assurance (QA) team will contribute to the definition and management of the regional QA testing strategies, plans and deliverables related to testing of all in scope Close of Business functions. The APAC QA team will assist with driving drive the development and adoption of recognised best practice and policy and contribute to the ongoing improvement of methodologies and QA assets. The APAC QA team will contribute to organising and improving the QA and testing, reporting and change agenda
Role Responsibilities and Tasks
• Reduce the KYC risk to the Bank using sample based reviews of client files
• Help ensure internal and external regulatory requirements for KYC are met
• Implement a consistent, post on- boarding check across all locations
• Drive improvements to client on-boarding process through feedback and identification of KYC issues
• Tracking of issue remediation and/or escalation
• Form part of the global QA testing team reporting to the APAC Head of KYC-QA.
• Train, develop and institutionalise regional KYC QA capability, sharing/cross training with global team and wider Client onboarding user community.
• Contribute to appropriate QA production and change governance structure(s) between QA function, COB leadership, operational control, Compliance partners and technology partners to execute against QA mandate
• Imbed and execute QA methodology and disciplines for APAC location.
• Operate as a QA specialist for the evolving QA methodology, disciplines and framework implementing required change in partnership with the global team.
• Maintain timely, accurate and effective reporting for testing span of control.
• Support and contribute towards a continuous improvement programme of work borne out of QA testing results, asses root cause and thematic issues proposing steps to be taken to eliminate, evidencing improvements.
• Participate and contribute to audit and regulatory topics.
• Contribute to, and sustain a culture of teamwork and collective achievement of departmental goals and objectives across QA and COB teams.
• Support identification and maintenance of quality standards.
• Champion quality management as key to overall change processes.
• The ability to influence specific key stakeholders, providing support and coaching to them in their role in the change effort.
• Take ownership of key issues and drive to seek necessary stakeholder buy in and ensure sustainable controls are placed on identified issues
• Minimum 5 years in KYC domain with the last couple of years spent in any of the below areas:
• Dedicated 4 or 6 Eye checker
• Subject Matter Expert of KYC
• Audit or Compliance where client KYC file testing is part of the main job scope
• Has Worked in Major banks dealing with Commercial or institutional clients & supported APAC locations
• Eye for detail and able to articulate the risk and candidates has worked in Operations risk & Audit along with KYC experience will have an added advantage
• Strong stakeholder management and buy in
• Organized to ensure multiple country risks and issues Identified tracked, resolved and retested
• Madarin or Bahasa or Both is a added advantage for this role
• The ability to implements recommendations to enhance risk management systems and procedures.
• The ability to develop plans detailing key employee responsibilities and sequence of actions in the instance of an incident.
• A deep understanding of business area needs.
• An understanding and be able apply appropriate legal and regulatory requirements and identifies/recommends changes.
• The ability to utilises your own area of expertise and knowledge to contribute to significant improvements in operational processes and policies.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.