- Attractive package
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 12 Oct 18
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets.
About Wells Fargo:
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
About the Role/Responsibilities:
The Credit Analyst will be responsible to complete credit assessments of public listed companies, large private corporate clients and SME businesses for the Commercial Distribution Finance business. These assessments include new to bank deals, existing client increases & restructures plus annual reviews. The role will work closely with the Sales team, Legal team and the Portfolio teams to ensure dedicated expertise and focus from the credit write up to documentation and settlement. The role will report to the CDF Asia Underwriting Leader. However reporting relationships could be modified in accordance with the needs of the business.
Essential role responsibilities:
The Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and structure Credit Memoranda with appropriate analysis to recommend credit decision to relevant stakeholders.
- Perform all credit analysis, legal negotiation, documentation, security registration analysis, AML requirements, and appropriate condition setting.
- Co-ordination of transaction closing and handover to Portfolio Team.
- Assist in developing expertise and provide training/guidance as it relates to credit. Work closely with the Commercial Team to deliver on business goals and objectives.
- Drive a culture of collaboration with the Commercial, Risk and Operations teams focused on ensuring that risks are mitigated and minimized while fulfilling customer requirements
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures at all times.
- Tertiary qualification (BA, MBA or CPA/CA) in commerce, business, accounting or finance, or CFA designation a plus.
- 3-5 years professional experience in commercial finance and/or Supply Chain finance, with a strong background in underwriting.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Strong financial analysis capability with particular focus on liquidity risk analysis and cash flow modelling.
- Proven credit writing of unsecured cash flow lends of corporate clients. Ability to recommend or decline transactions with confidence and with logical reasoning.
- Demonstrable experience in risk management (i.e. credit, legal and assets), preferably in a regulated and fast-paced commercial finance environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to engage with senior stakeholders as well as work collaboratively with other teams.
- Strong excel, word processing and power point skills.
- Able to adapt to usage of business tools (eg- Salesforce, AIMS, MRA among others)
- Able to work towards tight deadlines and to consistently meet objectives/targets.
- Able to build rapport and to develop relationships various internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
- Strong team player/self-starter.