About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Risk Management
As a successful Credit Analyst, you will partner the team's two key stakeholder communities, Client Coverage and Risk, to deliver credit and product solutions. There will be emphasis on credit report writing as well as risk analysis and due diligence. Your daily job would include:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To partner with Relationship Managers in pursuing their client strategies through proactive idea generation, support in preparing materials for client discussion and through discussion on key risk aspects. Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis.
- To partner with Risk through clear presentation of credit proposal, as well as through proactive discussion of key risk aspects.
- To provide insightful, relevant, succinct and timely credit analysis of a portfolio of SCB's clients, current or prospective.
- Documentation support on credit aspects and working with Legal Documentation Unit where applicable.
- Proactive monitoring of key entity or industry wide events and/or developments, as well as of covenants and risk triggers where applicable.
- Support CA Team Leader and others in the team on ad hoc projects, strategic initiatives and exercises aimed at improving or enhancing the team's activities.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- GAMs, RAMs, FAMs
- Product partners
- CDD, where relevant
- Legal, Audit and Compliance, where relevant
- Degree in Accountancy, Banking & Finance, Business Management, Economics or comparable.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in Commercial Banking/Corporate Banking.
- Strong analytical ability, focused on the assessment and calibration of credit risk.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment.
- Good understanding of financial statement analysis and banking products such as trade, lending, FX etc.
- Team player with a can-do attitude.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.