Credit Manager – FI Credit (Singapore)
- Market Rate
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
ICBC Standard Bank requires a Credit Risk Manager, covering FI credit to join our Singapore team. Main function of the role will managing the bank's exposure to Financial Institutions in Asia and the Middle East.
Credit Manager – FI Credit
ICBC Standard Bank Plc (ICBCS) is 60% owned by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and 40% by Standard Bank. ICBCS benefits from a unique Chinese and African parentage and an unrivalled global network and level of expertise.
ICBCS is a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for our stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing business the right way.
The Risk division encompasses the Credit Risk, Country Risk, Operational Risk, Physical Commodities Risk Assurance, Business Continuity Management and Market Risk disciplines. Credit Risk consists of the rating and analysis, ongoing monitoring and reporting of the credit exposure that the Bank runs.
Counterparty Risk Management
• Maintain primary responsibility for managing the bank’s significant exposure to Financial Institution’s (FI’s) in Asia and the Middle East
• Perform detailed credit analysis of financial information, including published and management reports, financial models, fund newsletters, etc. and appropriate sensitivity scenarios.
• Liaise with clients and potential clients to test and authenticate the information supplied with a view determining a sound credit opinion of the risks involved.
• Manage the end-to-end credit risk process, including liaising with Front Office on credit limit requests, assessing credit risk ratings, analyzing credit profiles of the counterparties and evaluating limit requests versus the established counterparty risk appetite, managing credit limit structures.
• Provide input on the credit terms of and support the negotiation of legal documentation, including GMRA, ISDA with and without CSA.
• Articulate credit appetite, recommend appropriate limits and give guidance on the structure of deals and documents required. Present applications to Senior Credit Approvers and Credit Committees.
• Coordinate and ensure that the post-approval implementation of facilities and legal documentation is in accordance with the conditions of sanction.
Transaction Risk Management
• Undertake risk analysis on new and existing transactions for customers with a particular focus on global markets, commodities and derivative products.
• Provide assistance to the Front Office on time-sensitive ad-hoc trading requests
• Ongoing monitoring of the credit-worthiness of the portfolio, using a variety of media as well as ongoing direct contact with clients.
• Maintaining the bank’s database of client, product and industry information to support effective portfolio management.
• Monitoring, management and reporting of customer positions including limit excesses (and if relevant alerting the relevant support functions when trade exposures are incorrectly reported) and the monitoring of non-payment of/disputed collateral calls.
• Liaise with internal departments – within Credit Risk, as well as with Legal/Documentation, Operations, Compliance, Market/Country Risk, Front Office, Management etc.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Economics /Finance is preferred
• Prior banking or financial institutions experience
• Relevant experience in FI Credit in a Banking environment
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review and understand complex transactions
• Good understanding of lending and derivative products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risks, including the documentation required/presented to manage that risk
• Knowledge of financial markets, global economy and appropriate regional geographies in which portfolio operate.
• Understanding of Basel and broader regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Good proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin
• Global mind-set
• Strong written & oral communication skills
• Well organised
• Client mind-set
• Pays attention to detail
• Results and solutions orientated
• High level of integrity
The role would suit someone who is:
• Able to navigate complexity
• Can work in ambiguity
• Flexible mindset