Credit Officer Administration
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing credit facility proposals for Corporate and Retail customers (only those retail proposals that fall outside applicable policy parameters), forwarded to them by the appropriate departments/ units. The incumbent will assess the quality of the credit exposure sought to be undertaken and ensure adherence to established policies and procedures. Role Description:
- Ensure all required documents are collected and reviewed prior to disbursing of loans/ facilities.
- Following the controls and ensure compliance procedures are implemented to identify & manage potential risk.
- Effective conduct of the documentation & credit facilities processes whilst maintaining independent control over related processes.
- Ensure that limits set-up in system.
- Calculate value of collaterals on periodic basis and ensure that they are reflected in the systems.
- Prepare portfolio and MIS reports; prepare and provide Focus List report, reports related to Group Credit Monitoring and Early Warning.
- Support the Credit team (where applicable) in preparing a recommendation to extend, decline, or request further structuring/ guarantees/ collaterals to the deal to minimize credit risk to meet QNB credit risk standards.
- Coordinate with Relationship Managers for the timely receipt of customer documents/ other information required to evaluate the credit worthiness of the proposed borrowers.
- Perform activities within the assigned Credit Risk Strategy that reflects the QNB's tolerance for risk and the level of profitability the QNB expects to achieve for incurring various credit risks.
- Use standardized process for evaluating credit proposals ensuring that all approved credits are within QNB's Credit Risk Strategy.
- Coordinate with QNB Compliance to ensure an appropriate response to obtain updates on regulations pertaining to credit risk review that are promulgated by Regulators, if any.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with the all other related departments and units to achieve the QNB's goals/ objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Adhere to the Turnaround Times (TAT) specified in the SLAs.
- Bachelor degree preferably in finance, economics or related subjects.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a major bank's risk function.
- Possess an understanding of business processes and controls in all related credit/ operational areas.
- Good understanding of credit risk methodologies (KMV, Credit Metrics, etc.), interest rate modelling [short rate models, HJM, BGM, etc.], VAR, and/or other complex financial risk modelling highly desirable.
- Maintain an understanding of all pertinent regulations as well as best practices pertaining to the overall credit operations.
- Good quantitative modelling, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV