Credit Portfolio Risk Manager – Investment Lending (Senior Vice President)
Credit Portfolio Risk Manager - Investment Lending (Senior Vice President) supports the Investment secured Portfolio for GCB and IPB businesses. Singapore Consumer Investment lending portfolio is the largest internationally and covers both MSBF (Margin/Investment Lending) and Insurance Premium Finance products.
This risk role is primarily responsible for managing Credit Risk policies, Portfolio Risk, Collateral reviews, Management/Regulatory reporting and support mark-to-market from a policy perspective. The role involves regular interaction with Sales/Relationship Manager, Credit Operations, Operations and Technology functions, Regional/Global risk management including Co-ordination with One Citi Credit Risk functions in Private Banking Business.
The position reports to Investment Lending Risk Head, Singapore in the Citi Singapore Ltd, Consumer Risk Management team. Key Functions include:
- Manage the Policy aspects & implementation of risk policies for Margin lending, currency trading as well as Insurance Premium financing business.
- Communicating credit policy changes to the appropriate business partners and addressing resources and implementation of changes
- Develop new policies and enhancements to existing policies/processes to support the introduction of new business initiatives for new through the door and portfolio management
- Responsible to review the performance of key credit policy criteria (Loanable Value/ requirement, Cross Border, 23A, Concentration policy, etc) and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Support the Singapore Franchise in their Key & Critical strategy of "Winning in Wealth" strategy (Key for Consumer Asia Wealth Management business) and JV with CPB.
- Drive strategic initiatives and new product launches impacting Investment Secured Lending product
- Initiate and implement improvements to the credit evaluation process, Collateral review and Analytics process including Automation and Straight Through Processing to further build up the Bank's capacity and competitiveness in acquiring quality business.
- Identify and establish/enhance key controls by leading technology upgrades/automation. Contribute to system changes, manage UAT, provide oversight to team on system cutovers impacting margin Lending and related areas from collateral monitoring perspective
- Align or enhance GCB MSBF risk management control processes and governance with the rest of the DSFT (Derivative and Securities Financing Transactions) program with specific focus on MCA, reviews and related control enhancements.
- Develop future state processes and controls to align GCB DSFT data with firm-wide DSFT reporting needs
- Actively lead Stress testing, ICAAP, portfolio reviews and other key activities related to investment lending
- Focus on establishing practices that lead to minimizing Operational Risk across the MSBF portfolio. This in relation to the mapping of process, education to bankers/business on margin lending, establishing margin lending procedures, etc
- Assist in reviews, obtain and maintain satisfactory grading on MSBF audits, and ensure prompt follow up and clearance of issues. Identify, escalate existing and potential risks and take corrective actions as appropriate.
- Establish strong partnership across the bank i.e. business, loan operation, finance, compliance, legal etc. to facilitate credit policy, strategic solutions and process streamlining implementation for respective products.
- Manage a team of Risk Analysts and role include coaching, supervising and motivating them to deliver high productivity and maintain strong portfolio credit quality
- Ensure adequate staffing, backup and quality of the team to ensure smooth operations. Ensure talents are retained, team is motivated and successors are groomed. Provide adequate training to team members and other functional stakeholders.
- Appropriately assess risk when new policies/decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Job Family Group:
- Ideal candidate will have a Finance/Math/Stat/Engg. degree holder with at least 12-15 years of work experience and has a worked in risk and/or credit preferably in consumer/retail banking / Wealth management areas.
- Knowledge of wealth management, understanding of global financial market and dynamics of financial instruments are critical for the role
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity.
- Expertise in SAS, Data analytics technique and programming is a key advantage
- Excellent analytical skills - Able to manage large transaction / data request flow; proficient analytical skills that are applicable across different asset classes, products and customer classes.
- Problem Recognition - Ability to eliminate recurring problems and reduce costs associated with unresolved process/product challenges. Ability to breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed. Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively; proficient in developing new ideas and improving current processes
- Sensitivity to macro and regulatory issues and their impact from a risk management perspective
- Good communication skill (verbal and written) and able to interact well with risk management, Business seniors as well as internal auditors and external regulators. Ability to convince others through knowledge, analysis and communication skill is key requirement for the role.
- Be an effective team player and also coach junior staff, challenges their conclusions and assumptions.
- Proven ability to balance Risk and Reward and provides well-reasoned, balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions and client relationships.
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting