Cathay United Bank Company, Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Taiwan’s largest financial group Cathay Financial Holdings. The Bank’s Singapore Branch is currently looking for a Credit Risk Manager to join our Risk Management Team. This is an opportunity for those who would like to develop his/her career further with a Bank which is currently growing in Singapore.
- Work closely with Accounts Officers (AO) in conducting credit due diligence on existing/prospective clients including factory/site visits
- Identify and evaluate credit risks and provide recommendations in credit assessment before submission to Branch CRO/Head Office for consideration/approval
- Perform review of credit risk exposures for the Branch and OBU bookings (under the charge of Singapore Branch)
- Monitoring and review of existing credit risk exposures in accordance to Head Office and local regulatory requirements
- Develop and review/update credit risk related guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP) and risk acceptance criteria (RAC) framework governing the business strategy
- Conduct credit stress testing to determine the ability of the credit portfolio to withstand plausible severe adverse conditions, and make the requisite recommended action plans
- Liaison with Head Office’s International Credit Risk Management Department to support/align the Branch’s credit risk management framework
- Take on ad-hoc risk assignment(s) as & when it is delegated by Branch CRO
- Minimum of 15 years of work experience in risk management with at least 5 years in a “credit approver” role with established financial institutions
- Solid understanding of credit risk management with equally strong South East Asian regional & industry knowledge
- Possesses strong products knowledge across Corporate & Institution, preferably having covered large corporate & middle market client segments
- Strong quantitative background with exceptional attention to details
- Excellent in verbal articulation & writing skills. Proficient in both English & Mandarin is essential
- A self-starter who works well in rapidly changing environment with multiple competing priorities
- Post graduate qualifications in Banking & Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent. Professional certification in CFA/FRM would be advantageous.