We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Risk and Performance Management Department
The Risk and Performance Management Department is responsible for the independent assessment, measurement, monitoring and reporting of GIC's market, credit and operational risk profiles.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual who has the interest and commitment to develop a career in risk management. You will be a member of the Credit Risk Management (CRM)
division in the Risk & Performance Management Department. This team is responsible for managing the credit risk of GIC's trading counterparties and investment-related service providers.
This role focuses on managing counterparty credit risk data/information needs and system requirements for CRM division and will be on a contract basis. Responsibilities:
- Working closely with technology team and/or external vendors to ensure that system enhancements or implementations are executed in a timely and proper manner
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other departments to analyse data/information needs and system changes required to meet business requirements
- Being one of the counterparty credit risk system subject matter experts so that you can lead in system discussions and review system functional specifications provided by the technology team and/or external vendors
- Undertaking user acceptance testing of enhancements / changes to the counterparty credit risk systems that facilitate limit / guidelines monitoring and reporting activities undertaken by the division
- Overseeing and driving implementation and delivery of counterparty credit risk projects and initiatives
- Preparing counterparty exposure reports for senior management, risk governance committees and clients
- Providing administrative support in managing counterparty matters and monitoring of approved counterparties, limits and guidelines
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Information Technology or related fields of study, with at least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in the finance industry
- Adept in dealing with multiple stakeholders (technology, operations, business units) in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Access, you should also be familiar with SQL (including writing of SQL queries) and Tableau
- Teamwork, and good interpersonal and communications skills are essential
- Highly motivated and organised, with a focus on quality and attention to detail, and yet not forgetting the macro view
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills, to drive project delivery on time
- Good knowledge of financial instruments/markets, risk monitoring processes and counterparty credit risk measurement will also be favourably considered