CyberSecurity Automation Software Engineer
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
CyberSecurity Automation Software Engineer
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Within Cybersecurity & Technology Controls (CTC) Platform Solutions team is responsible for driving the transformation of Operations using a data driven, automation focused approach aimed at improving Operational Efficiency, thereby provide high Quality of Service to our customers. The focus will be on software engineering - to build automation frameworks to help evolve the organization from traditional infrastructure support to a modern software driven technology infrastructure. Additionally, the focus will be on the Operational Stability of our Cyber Splunk platform.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Development of tools and technologies that are at the core of the company's capabilities to manage its large scale production environment
• Lead and drive automation across the infrastructure in order to reduce manual operations, increase delivery speed while increasing control
• Translate customer needs into concrete deliverables while following secure Software Development Lifecycle principles such as secure-by-design, input validation, unit testing, static code analysis and continuous integration/delivery
• Ensure the production infrastructure is highly available, stable and that an in-depth view on its health is available via dashboards and monitoring scripts
• Interface with multiple groups including but not limited to: Engineering, Architecture, Attack Analysis, 3rd party vendors to identify the required, transformative, technologies
• Perform in -depth system, network and application troubleshooting
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
• Ability to write and debug administrative and reporting tools in some programming languages (Shell/Perl or Python, Java, .Net, C/C++, HTML5 or other experiences acceptable)
• Comfortable with most aspect of operating systems (Windows & Linux) administration, troubleshooting, tweaking, hardening and configuring services
• Experience with host and network security (identity/password management, ACLs, file permissions and integrity);
• Understanding network protocols and ability to troubleshoot issues
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics, making presentations to junior and very senior audience
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional; exercise patience and ability to multi task
• Having skills in the below areas is a major plus that will help the candidate integrate within the team and environment
• Experience with Monitoring systems: Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, Netcool, AppDynamics, Apica, etc.
• Experience with SIEM products: Qradar, Arcsight, Splunk, etc.
• Experience with RDBMS technologies: SQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sqlite, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
• Experience with messaging and data transport tools: Kafka, NiFi, LogStash, Syslog-ng, rsyslog, etc.
• Experience with Qlikview data visualization infrastructure
• Knowledge in RIA: HTML5, node.js, bootstrap, angular, react, extJS, etc.
• Experience of Agile development: Scrum, Kanban
• Experience with virtualization products: Xen, ESX, etc.
• Experience with cloud providers: Amazon, Azure, Google, IBM, etc.
• Experience with troubleshooting tools: strace/ptrace, netstat, lsof, tcpdump, wireshark, gdb, etc.
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you'll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.