CyberSecurity Big Data Developer
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 13 Nov 18
CyberSecurity Big Data Developer
Working in Cybersecurity takes pure passion for technology, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. You'll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly-motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity and resiliency of our products and emerging industry trends. Working in tandem with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop adversaries and strengthen our data.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Knowledge of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
· Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
· Proficiency in the use of skills tools, staying current with skills, participating in multiple forums
· Experience with Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks is highly desired.
· Ability to analyze vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design, producing reports and sharing intelligence
- Focus on the development of tools and technologies that are at the core of the company's capabilities to manage, monitor and hunt for cyber security incidents.
- Architecture and development of large scale solution (big data) to be used in a very large production environment
- System, network and application troubleshooting
- Provide engineering support for cyber security products developed
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
- Ability to write and debug administrative and reporting tools in some programming languages (Shell/Perl or Python, Scala/Java/R, C/C++, HTML5, or other experiences acceptable)
- Comfortable with most aspect of operating system administration such as tweaking, hardening and configuring services
- A solid understanding of Unix-based operating systems, including paging/swapping, IPC, drivers and filesystem (inode, partitions, etc.)
- Experience with host and network security (identity/password management, ACLs, file permissions and integrity)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics, making presentations to junior and very senior audience
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional; exercise patience and ability to multi task
- Having skills in the below areas is a major plus that will help the candidate integrate within the team and environment but is *not a requirement*.
- Experience with hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, Map/Reduce, Hive/Pig, Impala/Drill, etc.
- Experience with Data Science: MLlib, Scikit, h2o, TensorFlow, Caffe, Singa, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL stacks: Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with SIEM products: Qradar, Arcsight, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with messaging and data transport tools: Kafka, NiFi, LogStash, Syslog-ng, rsyslog, etc.
- Experience with Link Analysis tools and GraphDBs
- Experience with data visualization tools: Hue, Kibana, Qlikview, Tableau, etc.
- Knowledge in RIA: HTML5, node.js, bootstrap, angular, extJS, etc.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.