Cyber Security, Ethical Hacker / Red Team Consultant
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, working across functional sectors, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're proud of our culture - it's one that recognises hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We have an innovative spirit which inspires what we do and how we do it - striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are.
Technology underpins many of the most influential organisations in the world and presents opportunities for businesses that want to seek out new markets and are prepared to invest in transformational change. The last ten years have seen a rapid emergence of new technology, greater connectivity for organisations and individuals, and a 24/7 approach to global commerce. However, this has left many organisations behind the curve and struggling to achieve their business aspirations without feeling exposed to risks.
We believe that by turning traditional thinking on its head, adopting a positive approach to managing risk, will set organisations free to achieve their business aspirations.
KPMG Cybersecurity professionals assist clients to address their concerns around Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability and Privacy of their technology, business systems, and information assets. Using a holistic view of how Technology and Business integrate, the Cyber team performs technology-risk focused assessments, technology compliance, IT/operational process reviews, and design of information risk & cyber security solutions.
To join a growing team to assist clients with managing one or more of the following areas:
• Ethical Hacking - this discipline covers vulnerability assessment, application and network penetration testing, wireless security, mobile security, and system security testing.
• Cybersecurity Risk & Governance - this discipline covers designing and implementing Cybersecurity frameworks; Cyber maturity assessments; organisational design for Cyber Security; Cloud security; design and rollout of cyber security processes such as Incident Management, Intrusion Detection, and Security Monitoring.
• Technology Risk and 3rd Party Cyber Risk - this discipline covers IT-Business related consulting over how an organisation manages technology risk and governs its outsourcing. This involves review, re-design and implementation controls over the 3rd party organisation's IT environment. Topics include system development, project management, business or IT outsourcing, business continuity management, information security, incident management, user access management.
• Cyber Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery & Crisis Management - this discipline covers building business and technology resilience against cyber-attacks. Creating and testing Cyber Incident Response Plans around typical cyber-attack scenarios. Taking regulatory requirements around BCM and Crisis management and international standards based consulting.
• Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) - This discipline covers implementation of IT solutions for use cases such as Access control, Process control, Risk management, Compliance Management, Third party vendor risk management. This discipline also covers the area such as Pre/Post implementation review for large IT projects.
Cyber team members regularly interact with C-Suite clients, such as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and their direct reports. Hence, a client centric mind-set, understanding of IT within a Business context, and well-developed communication skills are desirable.
The role involves:
• Perform application (web and mobile) and infrastructure vulnerability assessment and penetration tests on different platforms and technologies.
• Conduct source code review to identify software program vulnerabilities and detect malware or malicious embedded code.
• Conduct social engineering and email phishing attacks to simulate the theft of passwords, infiltrate systems, and download malware/ransomware.
• Simulate real-time cyber-attacks using red team/blue team exercises.
• Review and analyse security vulnerabilities to identify false positives.
• Conduct server/network/middleware security configuration assessments.
• Prepare a report on identified security vulnerabilities and possible recommendations to remediate the vulnerabilities.
• Assist in continuously enhancing the existing penetration testing methodologies.
• Remain up-to-date on the latest cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
The ideal candidate should:
Bachelor degree in Law, Business, Economics, Information systems, Computer Science or other related field
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience
• Have some prior experience in conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
• Be comfortable with working on various platforms and operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Kali)
• Understand the OWASP testing methodology and have knowledge of penetration testing tools
• Be able to work as part of a team, and at the same time being an independent self-starter
• Have strong analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills
• Commands excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas and results to technical and non-technical audiences
• Preferably possess professional certifications such as OSCP/CREST and/or GIAC (GXPN, GPEN, GWAPT, etc.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team and personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes.