Cybersecurity Application Support
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group atJPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls andresiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business andfunctions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls;deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and driveautomation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable thebusiness by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
Working in Application Support means you'll use bothcreative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that arecrucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively inteams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: designor programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as theyarise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment,maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologiesand risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to developprofessionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
As a member of our Production Support team, you'll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You'll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You'll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your coworkers, as well as other teams in the network.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment. Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions to automate manual operational task.
- Run, maintain and improve the service against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering principles
- Responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services
- Engage in with the development team throughout the life cycle to help build for reliability
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, conduct flawless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure
- Analyze patterns of incidents, develop permanent remediation plans, and implement automation to prevent future incidents from occurring through software engineering.
- Facilitates maximum speed of delivery by objectively binding to disruptions of the service
- Manage the efforts to split between manual operational work and engineering work
- Part of the 24x7x365 support coverage
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong platform skills (Linux, UNIX and Windows)
- Experience in Incident, Change and Problem management process in an large scale operations
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
- Experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter and Dynatrace
- Experience with Automation and Configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Evolven.
- Experience with Agile and full software development life cycle disciplines
- Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., bash, PowerShell) to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience with Capacity and Resilience management practices and procedures is beneficial
- Knowledge of networking protocols is beneficial.
- Industry recognized security certifications (security, networking, etc.) - strongly preferred
- Experience with Splunk in one of the following areas: IT Operations, compliance, Dev-Ops, network security, and system security, supporting security event management tools (SIEMs)
- Working knowledge of Splunk Cloud solution offering - not required but preferred
- Good working knowledge of Cloud Engineering. Understanding of private cloud principles and exposure to public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry or similar technology is preferred
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.