We are looking for a senior and self-driven individual who will help shape the future of design in an Insurance Company. You will be a member of the User Experience Design team to bring about Digital Transformation through design leadership and growing the UX design practice. Design is a multifaceted discipline, and hence we are depending on your breadth of design expertise and experiences to lead teams and influence product directions.
As a design lead:
- Inspire product and design teams to deliver meaningful and user-centered experiences.
- Infuse lean and agile mindsets and practices in product teams.
- Overcome the inertia and challenge existing business practices resulting from norms and habits to achieve impactful improvements.
- Surface assumptions and address them quickly.
- Communicate research insights and value of design to stakeholders.
- Define research approaches and plans to obtain useful data and insights.
- Synthesize issues and frame strategies to define meaningful product directions.
- Design experiments to test assumptions.
- Conceptualise products experiences to deliver key value proposition.
- Run design critique sessions to provide directions for improvements.
- Define metrics for measuring products success
- Monitor post-launch performance and lead improvement efforts.
As a design leader:
- Lead the change with insights and creative solutions.
- Lead the growth of design and design ops practice.
- Contribute to the content strategy and design practice.
- Introduce toolkits, tools and processes to grow the design practice.
- Reflect opportunities and improvements in rapid and iterative low-fi thinking.
- Guide the development of hi-fidelity pixel-perfect and interactive experiences.
- Pay attention to accessibility in designs.
- Establish the motion design practice.
- Stay abreast of design trends and inject new design ideas and practices.
- Lead experiments to validate design concepts.
- Communicate design principles, direction and specifications to engineers.
- 6+ years of UX design experience.
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI design and UX normalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of information design, information architecture and user psychology.
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, colour, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Lean and agile as part of their guiding principles in work.
- Strong sense of curiosity.