Data Analyst, Python (Associate Director/ Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Data Analyst, Python (Associate Director/ Director)
in our Data Hub
Bank of Singapore has defined an ambitious roadmap for accelerating its data strategy through 1) the implementation of a Data Analytics Platform for the bank 2) the implementation of a Hub and Spoke organization for analytics with the Data Hub, as a center of excellence, supporting the business spokes of each department 3) a strong while agile data governance ensuring data quality, privacy and ethical use of data. Organizational Context
The Data Analyst will report to the head of Data Science and Analytics, and located within the Data Hub organization, the central data office of Bank of Singapore, the senior data analyst is responsible to conducts the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions. He works directly with stakeholders from the business and executives within the assigned departments. With extensive experience in building data products to support the business in process automation and metrics definition, with data engineering and architecture knowledge.
Along with the Analysts located within the business, the senior data analysts will support the analysts from the business in revamping their reporting and developing dashboard for business and risk monitoring moving away from VBA and xls to self-service analytics in Power BI and new data product to implement a culture of self-service of data and analytics with the bank. His/her strong knowledge in accelerating its use of data for business decision. The senior data analyst will support the development of the strategic agenda and system deployment for analytics and visualization including technology and system roadmap.
The data analyst needs to have good transformational change, stakeholder management, analytics, and data governance knowledge. The candidates needs to also have a deep understanding of ETL technology and experience in an IT organization in delivering IT reporting related projects would be a plus. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Job Requirements
- Ability to interact with various business stakeholder from Ops, Compliance, Risk, PMG, and Finance to understand their reporting needs.
- Understand ETL framework and data ingestion mechanisms
- Abe to help business articulate data mapping and table view needs of current EUC and ability to migrate those into Python/SQL servers.
- Expect incumbent to provide business support on Python and Power BI, as business is embarking on self-service journey for business intelligence and analytics.
- Training end users on new tech stack (SQL, Python, Power BI), Devops best practices and self-service reports and dashboards.
- Strong software engineering background and motivated by personal POC on real time technology (Kafka), open source and cloud trends.
- Explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights and/or identify targeted areas for mitigating risk and increasing bank's profitability.
- Maintain and monitor key metrics and alert the business on potential issues
- Work with business teams to translate requirements and needs to the data engineering teams
- 12+ years of experience on Python, R and Java
- Familiar with reporting requirement from various part of the business a strong knowledge of risk management
- Experience in managing complex, cross-functional technology-related projects in banking.
- Passionate about solving problems - possesses a relentless need for investigation and data exploration
- A driven self-starter who is delivery focused and possesses strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Robust stakeholder management skills and good interpersonal skills. Ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders of varying seniority.
- Strong foundation in data query/manipulation of large-scale data using SQL and data visualisation experience using tools such as Power BI
- Working experience of any of the data analysis tools such as Python or R and ability to learn more advanced data analysis methods
- Experience with application of experimentation and statistical techniques (such as hypothesis testing, probability distributions, regression, decision trees, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available
- Ability to take initiative in a heavily regulated environment with strong training abilities
- Results and detail-oriented, with strong intuitions on how to solve problems creatively and quickly
- A degree in Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology, Data Sciences, Math or related fields.
- Certification in Tableau and Power BI
- Lean six sigma knowledge - Green belt six sigma professional is a plus