Data Analytics Manager - Vice President
Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a change delivery organization within the CIB's Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) that provides integrated change, testing and implementation support to CIB stakeholders. CPCS capabilities include end-to-end test management and automation, business analysis, data analytics and program management, which are tailored to enable strategic initiatives in the Wholesale Payments, Markets and Securities Services businesses, as well as cross-business functions such as Network Management and Client Onboarding (Client Tax & WKO). LOB Description
Markets Operations provides operational support and controls across all asset classes including equities, fixed income, currencies and commodities. Services provided encompass trade support, pre-execution support for electronic trade systems and vendor platforms, client servicing, industry and regulatory reporting, operational controls, securities and derivatives processing, asset servicing, clearing, settlement and collateral management, vaulting and movement of physical commodities, reconciliations and billing support for clients and partners in over 100 global markets. Role Description
J.P. Morgan is seeking a Vice President to provide Data Analytics management for the Markets Operations team; in a cross business, cross functional project-based environment. Flexibility to provide project management experience on other LOB's and support transformational Global initiatives within Cross Product Change Services. The role provides opportunities to work on projects across the business. Additionally, successful candidates will be involved in initiatives focused on accelerating DPS's platform project priorities. There will be significant exposure & visibility to senior management. This role is ideal for highly motivated individuals with advanced problem solving and communications skills.
The role will require working with stakeholders across the CIB, looking to leverage best practice across the industry and other J.P. Morgan business units. Lateral contacts in business, technology, middle offices, product and client facing organizations firm wide would need to be developed and mined for best practices and for driving outcomes.
JPM is seeking a Vice President to contribute to the data modelling, analysis and validation for CIB strategic change projects. Within JPM, Data Consciousness enjoys significant senior management support and oversight which makes this role highly visible. The successful candidate will be involved in the following aspects of change management and have key responsibilities as outlined below. Responsibilities
Skillsets and Experience required:
- Champion and understand common industry data structures for both reference and transactional data; Understand data structures, fundamentals of golden source, data interdependencies and data tables.
- Responsible for teams completing analysis, data testing and validation across 5 LOBs, 10 LE's, and over 100 critical applications.
- Manage data analysis, data consumption, mapping, modelling, visualization, storage, maintenance, reporting and data leverage utilizing both new and technology (and smart tools).
- Responsible to produce metrics, KPI and analysis to assist globally based teams in making data-based conclusions.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Design and deliver Data Analytics Program Implementation Strategy, Data Analytics Strategy, Automation Approach, and Technology Environment Plans.
- Data Analytics Delivery co-ordination with Clients, 3rd Parties and internal JPM Teams across operations and technology.
- Responsible for the promotion of business and operational requirements through the various Data Analytics phases to final implementation.
- Simultaneously work on multiple initiatives across CIB DPS priorities.
- Build effective relationships with key Digital and Business strategy heads.
- Gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing feedback from LOB interaction to help drive DPS initiatives.
- Data Analytics/Test Automation Delivery co-ordination with Clients, third parties and internal JPM Teams across technology.
- Ultimately responsible for the overall conduct and progress of various Data Analytics/test automation Phases at a Project level.
- Partner closely with Operations, Product and Technology groups.
- Effective participation in program meetings, DWG, Industry and Steerco meetings.
- Identifying opportunities to accelerate change for the programs and syndicate the information to other team members to validate prior to implementation.
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior stakeholders and colleagues within the project team and ensure a consistent collaborative approach.
- Responsible for milestone reporting and trend analysis within specific projects.
- Responsible for seamless execution and delivery for Data Analytics/Test Automation workstreams.
- Collaborate with Operational, Risk and Technology partners to define security and backup procedures for data.
- Prepare documents explaining the data architecture, train team members on data architecture, methods and practices to reduce Key Person Dependencies.
- Ensure maintenance of data standards per Chief Data Office guidelines; Collaborate regularly with the Data Scientists and Chief Data Office to leverage best practices and industry trends to solve CPCS problems.
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members and recognize at times the need for flexibility within roles to achieve the project and organizational targets.
- Able to work comfortably and confidently under pressure to achieve target deadlines.
- Confident to raise concerns with management team and support resolution.
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adapt within a changing environment.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, with strong time management skills.
- Ability to lead a team, recognizing individuality, supporting growth through mentoring and coaching built on an unshakeable foundation of respect, diversity and inclusivity.
- Leads with confidence and understanding, considerate of others, supportive during high pressure situations and celebrates successes equally of colleagues and team alike
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience in a Project Management/Data Analytics /Digital transformation role is required
- At least 2 years of experience in Data Automation /Transformation projects is required
- Hands on experience in Automation, Data analysis, Visualization, Analytics or AI is a must.
- Experience in Data Analysis/ Analytics/AI is highly advantageous
- Prior experience in banking industry is preferred
- Define and map data relating to organizational roles.
- Design and implement an effective and top in class solution to capture, collate, store and maintain real time data for purpose of analysing risk, measuring progress and performance (though a common database solution as an example) in change delivery.
- Identify ways to resolve data pain points and maintain data integrity and consistency across functions consuming the same data in pre-production and test environments; Support data problems in test environments.
- Work with technology partners to integrate the data insights with the real world production data to implement the solution to each use case.
- Define and implement data validation approach to ensure data solutions comply with internal and external regulations / standards and monitor data integrity, standard and consistency through iterative testing, especially where new features are being integrated.
- Strong organizational skills - ability to take strategic direction and independently develop and manage project plan, taking full accountability and ownership.
- Define data validation for various internal and external (client) platforms. Own datasets for testing and those provided / used by vendors to test.
- Define runbooks for data migration from legacy sources to new solutions as required.
- Knowledge of the Securities, Markets and Wholesale Payments businesses, client base, operations and systems.
- Ability to self-manage issues/programs of varying complexity and drive business goals forward.
- Proficient problem-solving skills and ability to rapidly learn unfamiliar processes.
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture.
- Ability to work on multiple business demands, prioritize and deliver in a timely manner with high standards.
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context and remain centered on the strategic picture, identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and build out recommendation to proceed.
- Ability to use effective systemic data driven reporting to support program reporting.
- Ability to quickly derive patterns and insights from data and analysis.
- Advanced numeracy and Microsoft skills.
- We're a global company whose primary business language is English and so fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent