Data Centre Engineer (Facility), Technology Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Objective
To manage Mission Critical IT facilities in Data Centre and remote buildings in Singapore and the region. This role will lead the facility management operations of these major facilities and supervise the routine preventive maintenance of key M&E infrastructures. Job Description
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- To manage and drive the facility operation of Data Centres and remote buildings IT Rooms in Singapore and in regional countries
- To ensure availability, stability and resiliency of power, cooling and environmental control infrastructure in DC and server room
- To manage and assign power, rack space and floor space capacity.
- To maintain equipment asset record in Data Centres and server rooms. To track, record, report and manage all equipment move-in and move-out of the data centres with proper approval.
- To manage Structured Cabling system and its related components. To manage cabling request and ensure quality Structured Cabling installation
- To respond and handle relevant incidents and follow ups.
- To work with DC/Building landlord to ensure optimal operation of electricity, HVAC and monitoring environments within Mission Critical IT facilities in Data Centre and remote buildings.
- To provide onsite supervision for all critical facility maintenance carried out by DBS or landlord.
- Minimum 5 years Data Centre facilities management and project experience.
- Must be experienced in the operation, maintenance & repair of infrastructure including but not limited to power distribution, emergency generators, UPS systems, PDU's, chillers, pumps, CRAC units, Building Automation System, along with other components related to Power & HVAC support.
- Experienced in managing Data Centre vendors, out-sourcing vendors and project execution.
- Familiarity with equipment requirements in Data Centre such as Storage, servers and networking equipment such as routers, switches is a plus.
- Knowledge of TIA-942 standard and MAS TVRA
- DCIM knowledge and usage
- Experience working in a high-pressured environment with 24x7 on-call responsibilities
- Understanding of incident, problem and change management procedures based on ITIL best practices
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or a related field is strongly preferred
- Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Certified Data Centre Professional or Equivalent
- Qualifications in ITIL Foundation level is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.