- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore
- 20 Feb 19
Our client is a technology startup in Singapore, Looking for a Data Engineer to join the team.
The Role: Data Engineer (1 year contract)
As a Data Engineer, you should be passionate on designing, building, and maintaining our growing big data platform. We collect millions of events everyday to our data lake for insights, and to our real time pipeline for enabling many data-driven features such as personalized user experience.
You will be designing, building, supporting and scaling our data infrastructure. Collaborate and coordinate with other departments (product, etc) to solve their use case using data technology; state of the art big data stack such as Kafka, Pubsub, Spark, DataFlow, BigQuery, Airflow, etc. on hundreds of terabytes data. Also, Explore/learn new technologies that can complement or replace our current stack to improve it.
Passion in big data, software engineering, and systems.
Excellent analysis and reasoning of system behaviors
* Uphold best practices and principle around clean code, testing, continuous integration
* Strong team player and collaborator
* Having high level of responsibility and resilience in dealing with issues
* Preferably familiar with big data infrastructure (such as Kafka, Spark, etc.), cloud based infrastructure, varying databases, security concerns would be an advantage.
* Familiar with Java/JVM. Python is added advantage
* Experience working with data infrastructure will be valuable, but your desire to learn data infrastructure is more important.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R11874545