Big Data Engineer/Scientist
Algebris is a global asset manager embracing long-only and alternative investment strategies. With a historical focus on the financial sector, Algebris has gradually expanded its expertise to global macro credit, private strategies and quant investments.
The candidate will join the newly formed AI/Big Data Analytics team which work closely with portfolio managers by providing research support for investment and risk management decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive the evaluation, selection and implementation of appropriate analytical technologies and tools for data extraction, cleaning, integration and analysis
- Build data pipelines to obtain raw data at scale (e.g. web scraping, API integration, SQL queries etc.) and process unstructured data for further analysis
- Conduct data exploration, feature engineering, visualization and develop Machine Learning models to identify trends and themes in the financial markets
- Collaborate with other teams to test, validate and enhance models, research methodologies and data architecture
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering related major
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in design and implementation of Big Data/Machine Learning solutions or in a data science-related field
- Strong applied experience in Python, R, SQL and working with unstructured data
- Deep knowledge of data structures, software architecture and Machine Learning algorithms
- Understanding of financial markets/working experience in an investment team would be a plus
- Self-motivated and strong problem-solving skills