We are looking for a Data Engineer/ Analyst Developer with the experience and desire to help design and deliver Distribution analytics solutions. We want a knowledgeable developer who is both creative and analytical, an individual who is able to understand and articulate business challenges and ideas, explore them and implement the functionality safely into the production environment. You’ll be busy, working closely with the business teams from data scientists and analytics professionals to Sales and Client Servicing. Distribution analytics is a changing landscape at Schroders with an emphasis on innovation.
You will be based in Singapore, our regional operations hub in APAC. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role. The team APAC Distribution & Marketing Technology creates and supports the applications used by our global and regional Sales, Client Servicing & Marketing teams. Our technology footprint includes applications and systems, split between vendor and in-house developed, all designed with the common objective of being digitally and data driven. Not only do we rapidly respond to the demands of the external environment and those of our Sales and Client Service teams, the team is strategically positioned to deliver innovative solutions.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Product Owner and Distribution Analytics Business Teams
- Responsible for the capture and analyse of analytics technology requirements which can be quickly delivered using the Agile delivery processes and tooling
- Explore ways to improve technology processes to progress the Distribution Analytics function
- Discover and playback innovative functionality and potential new ways to realise additional business benefits
- You will contribute to peer code reviews and the preparation of releases for the entire Agile Team
- You will work closely with the Systems Architect to ensure that standards are adhered to and any necessary architectural or technical debt is recorded with a realistic plan to remediate
- Engage actively in Agile planning including story refinement, demos and retrospectives
- Continually look for ways to improve your own skills and experience • Support other team members to improve their own software development skills
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Experience of SQL Server; data modelling, warehousing and SSIS
- Knowledge and experience of data visualisation tooling, preferably Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI and Salesforce Einstein Analytics.
- Understands the principles and best practices of data modelling, interface design, code development, and testing, and you can apply these principles in real-world dev environments.
- Solid knowledge of GIT and DevOps
- An ability to design and implement sharing models using declarative and programmatic methods.
- Experience in Cloud platforms, ideally Azure data development (Azure data factory, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB) • Knowledge in unit testing framework (NUnit, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Karma) and mocking frameworks.
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools (VSTS, Octopus Deploy or other)
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions, especially for analytical work.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Knowledge of messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, Redis, couchDB, MongoDB
- Experience with click-stream data like web traffic
- Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams
What you’ll be like
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who’s able to look at things from different angles
- Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it