Data Hub Engineer (Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Data Hub Engineer
in the Data Management team! !
Bank of Singapore has defined an ambitious roadmap for accelerating its data strategy through 1) the implementation of a Data Analytics Platform for the bank
2) the implementation of a Hub and Spoke organization for analytics with the Data Hub, as a center of excellence, supporting the business spokes of each department
3) a strong while agile data governance ensuring data quality, privacy and ethical use of data.
Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering, within the Data Hub organization, the senior He/She is responsible for the creation of intermediate views, turning raw database tables from various source systems into end user interpretable views. He/She will be responsible for the flow and traffic of data and ensuring availability as well as reliability of the database views for the data analytics platform. He/She will also be responsible for the number of users accessing the database and securing the sensitive data stored in the databases.
The data hub engineer is required to have strong technical skills in both SQL and Python. Core activities :
1. Interpret and define a common understanding of raw data from various source systems
- Understanding the semantics of different financial industry data from different systems
- Able to define and rationalize a common way of interpreting data from different systems into a common model
2. Design and build intermediate database views to facilitate common understanding as well as easy data access
- Communicating with different parties in the spokes with different requirements and coming up with a common model design that fits the needs
- Building and improving methods of data access to allow hubs to minimize the amount of data preparation required for analysis
- Automating process of data refresh to scale up data analytics with minimal human intervention
3. Implement and perform high level data quality checks on source data
- Investigation into data issues reported by various parties on the data analytics platform to determine root causes
- Creation of automated scripts to validate and check status and quality of data loaded into the data analytics platform
4. Perform design, tuning, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of data hub owned / managed views.
- Support of the change requests / problems on the views owned by the data hub engineering team
- Management and maintenance of the access controls of the sandbox and views created by the data hub engineering team
5. Implementation of coding best practices
- Code reviews to manage the code to be deployed on the data analytics platform
- Integration of Dev Ops release processes into the data analytics platform
- Guidance and coaching of junior members of the data hub engineering team
- Familiar with the principles of agile methodology
- Familiar with finance industry data and corresponding data models
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Eager to learn and experiment to pick up new skills/knowledge and can adapt to evolving needs/requirements
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, is pragmatic and enjoys high energy levels
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to complex demands in a diverse culture