Our client is developing data governance software based on machine learning algorithms. As a Data Privacy Expert, you will play a key role in helping the product team on Privacy and Information Risk by Design with respect to all information systems and practices, acting as the technical subject matter expert on all elements related to data privacy protection and risk mitigation
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in building the privacy offering roadmap based on the global privacy compliance and risk framework. Also, responsible to map regulatory requirements to our product offerings as per the requirements of “data controller” and “data processor”
- You will be the subject matter specialist in data privacy when talking to our customer solution teams, sales and various stake holders within the company.
- Participate in the development agile scrum teams as a data privacy domain authority and create, manage, and help implement the related requirements as part of the data privacy solution
- Help in simplifying and automating workflows, for making complex things easy and efficient, constantly finding new uses for data and turning data into usable information, insights and action for our clients.
- Understand the markets, competition and customers' needs, evaluate new partnerships and business opportunities to strengthen our product offerings to Customers.
- 8 years+ years of relevant and progressive Privacy experience, preferably in the IT Technology or FSI Services industry. The successful candidate will bring technical privacy expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in regulatory related matters, as well as strong operational and business process management.
- Ability to understand general data privacy regulatory concepts and interpret them into business operations, business process, and technical and functional requirements
- Knowledge of and familiarity with U.S. and EU privacy and data security laws, regulations and standards, including HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, data security, breach notification, consumer protection and employment-related privacy laws, regulations and proposed legislation
- Solid mix of business and technical capabilities, and the ability to communicate complex technical data protection issues to senior executives within the context of their business
- Excellent communication skills – both oral & written including presentation and report writing skills, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude with a relentless focus to get things done.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and/or additional CIPP certification in government privacy (CIPP/G), European privacy (CIPP/E); preferred additional certification as information security credentials such as the CISSP