Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
MasterCard Advisors is helping shape the future of Services by leveraging data from billions of anonymised, aggregated transactions to help financial institutions, merchants, media, and governments manage & grow their businesses effectively leveraging analytics & Insights, Consulting, Loyalty and Managed services
The Product Development team is charged to develop future products and solutions focused on Insights, Loyalty & Managed services by enabling project management excellence framework delivering great business value and user experience leveraging cutting edge technology
As a Data Scientist on the Data Science & Engineering team you will develop data & analytics solutions that sit atop vast datasets gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge will be to create high-performance algorithms, cutting-edge analytical techniques including machine learning and artificial intelligence, and intuitive workflows that allow our users to derive insights from big data that in turn drive their businesses. You will have the opportunity to create high performance analytic solutions based on data sets measured in the billions of transactions and front-end visualisations to unleash the value of big data.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
• Drive the evolution of Data & Services products/platform with an impact focused on data science and engineering
• Participate in development of data and analytic infrastructure for product development
• Participate in identification and evaluation of data elements to deliver analytics for product development
• Continuously innovate and determine new approaches & technologies to solve business problems and generate business insights & recommendations
• Partner with roles across the organization including consultants, engineering, and sales to determine the highest priority problems to solve
• Evaluate trade-offs between many possible analytics solutions to a problem, taking into account usability, technical feasibility, timelines, and differing stakeholder opinions to make a decision
• Break large solutions into smaller, releasable milestones to collect data and feedback from product managers, clients and other stakeholders
• Evangelize releases to users, incorporating feedback, and tracking usage to inform future development
• Work with small, cross-functional teams to define vision, establish team culture and processes
• Consistently focus on key drivers of organization value and prioritize operational activities accordingl
• Identify and acts upon product improvement opportunities
• Sponsor organization building activities ie.; contributing to recruiting, and training
• Provide excellent leadership of team members through mentoring and superior project management over the course of multiple complex assignments (for team leads)
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Prior experience in working in a data science product development role
• Strong hands on experience in Analytics, Machine Learning, Advanced Statistics
• Curiosity, creativity, and excitement for technology and innovation
• Demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving abilities
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
• Motivation, flexibility, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills
• Superior academic record at a leading national university
• Coding experience will be an asset
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills
Mastercard is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants will be considered and treated without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.