Data Transformation Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
T his role is in Global Banking Technology for the position of Data Transformation Analyst . Position will be key to strategic initiative of setting up data lifecycle management and transformation of data around client. This includes programmes to deliver new initiatives, enhancements in the areas of reporting & analytics aimed to provide superior client management by aggregating everything we know about our clients, automates key business processes and provides a platform for collaboration across all businesses in the CCIB (CORPORATE, COMMERCIAL AND INSTITUTIONAL BANKING).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Identifying/Gathering/Questioning and challenging when necessary/ documenting the data, analytics and reporting requirements.
- Review the entire data lifecycle and come up with a blueprint on how the data flows through systems can be improvised, eliminating nonstandard and broken data lineages.
- Develop guidelines and approaches for transforming the traditional data & reporting solution design, implementation approach, thus reduce the time to market.
- Independently contribute to design of technology solutions, provide guidelines that encourage the reuse of existing data stores, as well as reduce the issues around data quality and security.
- Collaborate with senior business stakeholders, understand the pain points in the existing analytical process and come up with strategic solution for improving the usability
- Continuously improve the quality of dashboards and design visualizations to provide dynamic insights at scale, ad-hoc business analysis and enable decisions based on data analysis
- Provide inputs on existing processes and collaborate with PSS/Business/technology team towards problem resolution
- Exhibit passion for user experience with a client-first mindset
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Understanding of industry standards and best practices on data analytics and business intelligence
- Experience in handling applications and data analytics in the areas of CRM in banking environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks in the areas of data, reporting and analytics.
- Ability to demonstrate the requirements into analytical solution
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle using Agile/Waterfall models & Process adherence
- Good understandings on data semantics, business model around BI tools such as Microstrategy, OBIEE, Power BI and Tableau.
- Have exposure in AI based application, Big data etc.
- Self-managing and ability to lead project solution end-to-end.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .