- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Hudson Singapore
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Database Manager - handle and streamline database on a cloud platform
The Database (Engineering) Manager is a hands on manager responsible to set up a new operation and support database team in the design, development, installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and performance (e.g. capacity plan, tuning and management) of databases in hybrid and multiple Cloud environments. You would be required to start a new team reporting under you in a greenfield space nad still an excellent team player yourself.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Plan and executes workload tests of fault tolerance capabilities, including database performance, log shipping and replication, partitioning, clustering, availability, scalability, backup/recovery, replication, failover and disaster recovery.
* Accountable for defining and setting up the team formation to deliver the group database SLA/KPI timelines and solution quality.
* Set and review goals, performance and objectives.
* Staff resource, schedule and capacity plan.
* Interface with stakeholders to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
* Maintain focus on delivery goals and alignment of capabilities to meet the SLA.
* Supervision of implementation, operational performance and conformance quality.
* Assess and implement action plans to mitigate risks in relation to data management.
* Continuous improvement in process, quality, automation, innovation and technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5 years hands on experience in database design, development, and administration in high volume, large scale and data intensive environment with relational & distributed databases. For e.g. ElasticSearch, SQL & NoSQL based, MySQL, Postgres or HANA.
* At least 3 years of accountability in managing a team to deliver defined goals and service level agreements or key performance index.
* Database engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters, monitoring & troubleshooting e.g. CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, EMR or visualization application.
* Working experience with Azure and AWS e.g. EC2, RDS, EBS, S3
This is a new and permanent position based in Singapore and the client is a very established organisation in Singapore and across Asia.
Thank you and look forward to your application.
Employment Agency Licence No.: 18S9265
EA Registration No.: R1442448