- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
Database Platform Technical Lead
Database Platform Technical Lead
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18032056
- The Database Platform Technical Lead provides technical & thought leadership for
Database Platforms globally.
- This role spans regional boundaries to
ensure high quality Service Performance of all Database Platforms in Citi's
Global Consumer Business portfolio, delivering world-class stability while continuously driving efficiency.
- The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of relevant industry experience and a successful track record of delivering complex, high visibility projects and initiatives; past experience as a database administrator and/or a data architect will have allowed the candidate to have developed subject matter expertise in multiple Database technologies.
- The ability to effect change through influence is a critical success factor.
- Provide thought leadership for technical solutions for Database Platforms globally.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Solutions Engineering, Platform Support, and other key stakeholder teams across the organization to develop and implement operational capability roadmaps for the Database Platforms
- Proactively drive Database failure root cause analyses across major incidents, risk initiatives, and projects.
- Drive service quality improvement of Database solutions to minimize/eliminate incidents due to design defects (like SPOF), capacity related incidents, and EOL/EOVS component cross-impacts.
- Initiate and lead efforts to improve service, accelerate project deliverables, and drive higher sense of urgency for risk reduction.
- Promote adoption of highly scalable, well-conditioned architecture standards, identify and remediate single points of failure in the infrastructure/database designs.
- Proactively engage with incident and project teams to create proper sense of urgency and drive initiatives to closure per agreed upon timelines.
- Develop KPI scorecards for periodic review of major initiatives and diligent action item follow up.
- Partner with capacity and performance monitoring teams to ensure Database monitoring baselines provide accurate trends usage patterns and future capacity requirements.
- Assist in driving productivity financial targets across the organization.
- Assist in L3 DBA career growth by developing knowledge & training curriculum to improve subject matter proficiency
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Database Engineering, Architecture and/or Operations.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle DBMS platform; with a deep understanding of supporting technologies in Operating Systems, SAN, Backup, Network, and associated infrastructure components
- Strategic view of a broad cross section of Database technologies, with a strong focus on implementation
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization of Database environments
- Broad knowledge of advanced environment monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools
- Experience in a traditional Client-Server and elastic cloud environments, with practical knowledge of supporting IT systems like mainframe, midrange, distributed, and desktop technologies
- Advanced written and verbal communication capabilities, with the ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
- Strong time management & technical problem-solving skills