- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Cavenagh Bridge , EA Licence No: 17S8504
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Cavenagh Bridge were founded in Singapore in 2017 as a specialist Technology recruitment consultancy with a key focus on the FinTech & Tech Start-up domain in the Asia-Pacific region. We aim to work with high-quality permanent and contract professionals from around the world to match with our ever growing client base. We are a boutique recruitment business, with a tailored approach to match our passion for technology and market expertise.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage on different Unix and Linux platforms
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install & evaluates new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Extensive Oracle DBA background
- Experience in implementing and operating Oracle databases in Unix systems (AIX, Solaris, Linux)
- Good knowledge of shell script programming